Chapter 4

Song of the Chapter: Bad Blood by Bastille

Chapter Four

Addie’s POV

“Addie, you could go out of the house just once with us. Marshall and I will both be there tonight. Can’t you come?”

“I…I don’t think I…”

“Addie! Please just come. I’m not going to let you out of my sight and Marshall sure won’t.”

“I thought you weren’t really hanging out with Jake and all of them?” I pointed out.

“Well…we’re not really but Jake invited Marshall and told him to invite you guys. He is not going to be there. Jake already said.”

“You can say his name Leah.”

“Fine. Darren isn’t going to be there.”

I rolled my eyes. My parents were never going to let me go to a party at Jake Dylan’s house. I highly doubted they would agree to this. On the night that it happened, Leah got really drunk and Marshall was home sick. Part of me knew that if he would’ve been there, it wouldn’t have happened.

“My parents are never going to let me go.”

“They already said you could…because Daniel is going too.”

“Great. I’ve got my brother as a chaperone.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“So what? Daniel is really cool. I’m not going to drink again. I swear. Marshall isn’t either. You’ll be with us the whole time.”

“You promise?”

She nodded her head and I sighed, silently agreeing.

“Yes!”

“I’m driving my own car though.”

“Fine by me.”

……………………

I didn’t miss this place at all. I felt like I was going to collapse when I walked into Jake’s familiar house. I didn’t want to be here. Everyone in the room gasped when they saw me which made me feel even more awkward. I felt like I couldn’t breathe. I kept looking all around me and didn’t relax until Marshall threw an arm around my shoulders, whispering comforting words into my ear.

“You’re safe with me. Nothing’s going to happen. I promise.”

I looked up into his eyes.

“Thank you Marshall.”