Chapter 64

Chapter 64

Addie's POV

"Help me! Help!" I screamed but my voice echoed through the space.

Holding my head, I felt my hand coat in blood as I sat up, gritting my teeth and wincing as I shuffled around. Heavy chains were running across the floor, leading to bulky metal cuffs that were clamped around both of my wrists. It was all familiar, the building and the smell. I knew I was in the same place. Darren had taken me to the same place as he had before. I couldn't see anything, the darkness overwhelming and scarier than I'd ever like to admit.

"Help!" I screamed, tugging harshly at the chains clanking against the cold, cement floor beneath me.

"Shut up." I heard his voice and my entire body stiffened as a construction lamp lit up the warehouse.

I could finally see but I scooted away as he walked closer, his heavy, muddy boots bounding against the floor. It was no use. As I slid away, he came closer and eventually I was cornered against the wall, knocking over some shelves. I jumped at the sound of metal hitting the floor, the top of a paint can popping off and leaving a milky white puddle on the floor beside me.

"Why do you have to be such a damn klutz all the time, bitch?"

I wanted to cry but I refused, my eyes flicking to a palate knife that had fallen off the shelf with the paint. I quickly met his eyes so he wouldn't see what had captured my attention. I could just barely make out his expression and looking into his eyes sent me into a rage. My fists clenching and causing the cuffs to tighten around my skin. I gritted my teeth, angry that I was back here, beneath my attacker.

"Harry will..."

"What the fuck is your little boyfriend going to do from Eugene, Oregon?"

I bit harshly on my lip, just wondering what this despicable human being wanted from me. Darren had gotten his way once and now it seemed as if he was ready for round two, a whole new incident to ruin more of my life.

"What do you want from me?"

"Well, let's just say that your little friend, Mr. Roper is trying to fuck up my life not to mention someone else close to you so I'm going to take matters into my own hands, but first...before I do that, I just thought you at least deserved to know that truth about everybody you thought was so loyal to your naïve, dumb-fuck of a self."

I shook my head, doing everything to just stop the developing tears. His eyes were stony cold and I wanted more than anything to escape him. He had taken my phone but the only hope for me was the IPad stowed in my purse, hopefully still outside in his truck. I only hoped that my friends were smart enough to think of tracking it.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, I know you don't. That's why I just called you a naïve dumb fuck. I can't believe you actually believed him, that he was actually sick."

"Who?"

"Marshall. Who the fuck do you think? Are you actually retarded? You should have known Marshall would give up anything to get into Duke and make daddy proud, huh?"

"What?" I croaked, wishing this was all over.

"Let's just rewind it back a couple years. Marshall's always been a smart guy, right...great grades, good at basketball, but never quite enough for Marshall senior, right?"

"What are you talking about?" I rubbed my temples, cringing at the way he laughed, evil in its sound.

"Some people aren't as smart as your little friend, Marshall. Anyway, he was bright and manipulative enough to realize this so he helped some people out from the hockey team. The little shit took the SATs for them for money and for a one hundred percent guarantee that he would get into Duke. The fucking Dean's nephew is on the hockey team. It wasn't very hard for me to get the fake IDs from the locker room after school. At first, I just wanted to fuck with him but it kind of got fun after a while. That night before it happened, I went to Marshall, told him I had the IDs and that I would turn him into administration. The power that he just gave me was incredible. He was willing to give up just about anything to save his ass, even you. I told him that I would use the date rape drug on you. I don't think the bastard even believed me but he stayed at home that night, playing sick just like the bitch he is."