Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Harry's POV

"I don't fucking care, Jake. I don't want to hear it." I raised my hand, dismissing him as I walked out of the locker room, throwing my towel over my shoulder and using the end to wipe the sweat from my neck.

"Harry, just listen!"

"No, Jake! Why the fuck didn't you tell me that you have a crush on my girl? Do you know how badly that angers me?"

"I know...and that's why I didn't tell you but, c'mon Harry, you know I don't still. I've never even kissed her or anything. I just had a small...little crush on her before you even got here."

I looked up at him, nodding and trying to just let it go. The thing is; that was harder than I thought it would be.

"Fine, Jake...fine." I huffed.

"Dude, you know you're my best friend Harry and I'd never do anything to mess that up...and I'd darn well never try to come in between you and your girl. Damn...you should know me better than that, Harry."

"I know." I nodded, knowing that he was right and that I should just chill.

"Dude your party completely messed up our night. Addie and I...we were going to...never mind." I shook my head, trailing off.

"Harry! You and Addie were going to have sex last night?!?" He read my mind, dark brows rising as his eyes widened.

"Dude, shut up." I quieted him.

"Wait...you haven't already...done it? I mean, I just figured the two of you..."

"Well we haven't, Jake."

I shook my head, wishing I wouldn't have even mentioned anything. Addie and I were going to do it...but we didn't. After the party, it just didn't feel right. We ended up watching a movie and falling asleep together on the couch. I woke up in the middle of the night, wrapping Addie in my arms and carrying her upstairs. It's okay that it didn't happen...even though I really wanted it to.

..................

I made my way into the locker room, texting Addie a quick text, just telling her that I loved her. When I looked up, I stopped dead in my tracks, my eyes widening at what was playing out before me. My body was tensing as I took in the scene, my eyes never leaving the two figures in front of me.

What the hell?

There stood Marshall of all people talking to the one person I hated that most in the world. Marshall looked over to me, eyes widening as he took a couple steps away from Darren.

"I told you to fucking stay away from me." Marshall snapped and I could see what looked like rage flooding his eyes, his body going rigid as he stared at Darren.

Something's not right here. What is going on?

I wanted to turn around and exit the locker room the same way I'd entered. I wanted to go find Addie right that minute and demand that we leave school. More importantly, I wanted to bash Darren's face in...again. He still had bruises around his eyes from my assault the night before at Jake's party. Marshall started walking up to me and I clenched my fists. Something about him...I've just never liked him. I know that Addie will protect him with her life, always trusting him, but something seems to be off with him lately. It seems like every single time I turn around, he's getting beaten by his dad or yelled at by his coach. He doesn't hang around Addie like he'd been persistent in doing before and I didn't think even Leah knew what was up with him these days. Maybe it's just the stress of getting into college or playing basketball. I don't know.