Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Addie's POV

"Is everything going to be okay?"

"Yes, everything will be fine, my love." I cooed, shifting down on the bed to lay right beside him, tangling my limbs with his so that I could feel close to him, absolutely adoring the feeling of his skin against mine.

"You promise?"

"I promise, babe."

"I love when you call me that." He smiled; reaching up to run is hand along my jaw, his eyes boring in mine, desperation and need filling them.

"And I love to call you that."

"You're so cute." He chuckled, pulling me on top of his body, his hands making their way around my back to press himself against me.

I smiled as he gripped my hips, spinning us around so that he was hovering over top of me, his eyes darkening as he looked down at me, his large hand pushing my hair back.

"I love you so much, Add. You know that don't you?"

"Of course, Harry. I love you too, so much."

"I know." He whispered before his head began inching closer to mine.

Just as his lips brushed against mine, he pulled away at the light knock on his door. A smug smirk spread across his plump lips as he sat up, pulling me with him.

"Yeah?" he yelled, taking his spot beside me as his door opened and Gemma stepped inside.

"Hey, mom wanted me to ask if you guys were hungry. Addie, you'll stay for dinner, right?"

"Yeah, of course I will." I nodded, my heart warming as she smiled big before turning to walk back out of the room.

"Hey, Gem, why don't you watch a movie with us? C'mon." I urged, waving her over, noticing how her eyes flicked to Harry's like she was waiting for his approval.

"You heard her." Harry chuckled putting his arm around Gem as she climbed onto the bed.

He looked happy and it made me happy, the stress diminishing...at least for now. Thoughts flooded my head of Darren, of seeing him earlier. I was so scared, but I didn't want to think about that right now. I knew Harry would be mad for keeping this information to myself, but I didn't want to put any more stress on him. I would tell him later. I kept telling myself this over and over again.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, shaking my body lightly, his eyes frantically searching mine.

"Nothing." I whispered, attempting another smile, but thoughts of Darren lurked, the words he'd said chilling me to the bone.

I'll see you around, Addie.

.....................

Gem, Harry, and I watched a comedy that I couldn't even begin paying attention to, my mind somewhere else. My eyes were trained on the screen until Anne was calling us for dinner. I swallowed the lump in my throat and jumped at the chance to get off Harry's bed and go to the kitchen. I'd been restless for the entirety of the movie, my body rigid, achy from remaining so stiff. Gem practically ran down the corridor. Her stomach had been growling during the movie and to say she was eager to eat was an understatement.

I smiled at her running through the house, but as I tried to walk out of Harry's room, he grabbed my arm only hard enough to stop me from exiting his room.

"What's going on?" he asked calmly, his eyes searching mine as he took my hands into his.

I'd been stupid to think that he wouldn't notice that something was up with me. He could always read me so well and in a split second, he always seemed to know something was wrong with me.