Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Addie's POV

I did and said everything I could think of to get him to stay with me. If I would've let him go, he would've ended up fighting Darren and that would have just made everything much worse. Plus, if I was being totally honest with myself, I was enjoying this time and I didn't want it to be ruined by Harry leaving.

I got him into a coffee shop and I ordered us French vanilla cappuccinos, Harry's favorite. I watched him closely while I ordered, fear filling my insides. I was afraid that he would change his mind, jump up, and leave. That's the last thing I wanted. As I returned to the table, I could see tears welling up in his eyes and in this moment, the tables had turned and I wanted to run. That has to be the worst thing in the world; Harry crying. It filled me with dread and panic because I wasn't sure why he was crying. He took his cup and wrapped his large hands around it to bring warmth to them.

"Harry?"

His eyes flicked up to meet mine but I instantly looked away. It took me a minute to build up enough courage to turn back to him.

"Why are you crying?"

He shook his head, angrily wiping his eyes.

"Tell me what happened." He choked, barely managing to get his sentence out.

Another tear escaped on of his eyes and I could feel my own tears coming on.

"I got a note several weeks ago in one of my classes. It wasn't long after you and I started texting. The note said 'I knew you'd leave Styles'. It also said that they would be seeing me again and the note was signed 'D'. I immediately thought it was Darren but I'm not sure. A couple of weeks ago, maybe three...it was the night of that party...I got a text message from a blocked number asking if I was going to the party. Then I went and saw Darren. He started apologizing and then...that's when you came out. That number has been texting me ever since that night, harassing me."

I looked deep into Harry's eyes.

"I'm afraid. I think it's just a sick prank but I'm afraid of it being real...of it really being him."

Harry's eyes darkened tremendously and he pulled a hand through his curls, muttering something inaudible to me under his breath. I didn't want him to be upset with me but I knew that he was. I should've just told him weeks ago. Why do I always have to pick between my instincts and my emotions? It's mentally exhausting. I wanted Harry to say something, anything. I wanted to hear him even if he was yelling at me. His silence was too much, making me feel even more guilty for not telling him sooner. I don't know what will happen between us now. I just know I can't let it go too far.

"Why didn't you tell me? Do you not trust me?"

"Of course I trust you Harry! I knew that if I told you, you would want to go fight him and you would freak out so I kept it to myself. I don't want to bring all of this back up again. I don't want to relive my past. This is all too much."

His eyes narrowed, tears still pooling in them.

"Please stop crying. I'm sorry. I should've told you."

"You think I'm crying because of that?" he asked, wiping his red and puffy eyes once again.

He sighed and took a deep breath, composing himself the best he could.

"I'm crying because I know you are hurting and there is nothing I can do about it. You don't let me in. You always shut me out now. I've told you countless times that I won't let him hurt you again but you don't listen to me. You never trust me and that's all I want, for you to trust me."