Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

Harry's POV

Addie followed me to my house. We would be alone there and I wanted to be alone. I needed to be away from Darren, Marshall...everyone. I was having a shit day and just wanted to be alone with Addie. I knew she was nervous as I pulled her through the front door and into my house.

"It's okay." I told her, not knowing what I actually meant by that.

She nodded anyway and she followed me into my bedroom where I closed the door behind us. Now she was really nervous. She was skipping school with a guy. For her this was a big deal. People should never judge her after what she's been through. People at school just piss me off. If they could've seen the look on her face and the tears in her eyes while she told me about Darren, they would shut the fuck up. I laid on my bed looking up at the ceiling.

"Will you just lay with me?" I asked her, my voice shaky.

"W-When will y-your mom be home?"

"Not until seven, Gem too. Please? I'm not going to hurt you Addie. I just want to lay with you."

I could hear her breathing. I knew she was nervous as hell.

"O-Okay."

It took forever before I felt the mattress sink in beside me. Finally she was laying beside me. I let out a sigh. I couldn't feel her at all. She was all the way at the edge. I carefully reached over and pulled her closer. Her eyes shut.

"Don't." she whispered.

I immediately let go and heard her sigh.

"I'm sorry Harry. I'm just...nervous."

"Okay." I muttered, closing my eyes again.

We laid there in total silence, separated, for about five minutes. I stayed still and after a couple more minutes, I felt her. She scooted over, pressing her body to my side and laying her head on my shoulder, her leg draped over mine. I could feel her heart beating rapidly against me, causing mine to go haywire.

I placed my hand on her back as she snuggled into me. I'd never felt like this. Nobody ever made me feel like this. Now I was nervous too.

"Please just stay like this. I'm so nervous right now." She said, her voice sounding strange.

"You have to trust me. I won't hurt you. I swear."

I stayed just like I was for her. I didn't move much. Her body was trembling in my hold but after a while, she relaxed. I pressed a kiss to the top of her head as we held each other. I really didn't know she would be this nervous about me holding her. I think she felt so exposed and vulnerable. She felt like I could turn on her at any moment but I wouldn't. I wouldn't ever do what that prick did to her. I hoped that one day she would see that. Within moments, I was asleep.

..................

I woke to lips on my cheek making me smile before opening my eyes. It was just a cheek kiss but it surprised me. I opened my eyes to find Addie watching me.

"You're pretty when you sleep." She whispered.

I had a hell of a grin now.

"You're pretty all the time." I told her.

She was. She was gorgeous every minute of the day, every day of the week. Her cheeks heated and I slowly pulled her closer. She didn't freak out by the movement. She just pressed another kiss to my cheek. What a great fucking way to wake up.