Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Addie's POV

On Friday, I was more excited than I had been in a long time. Harry had some kind of surprise for me but he wouldn't tell me or even give me a hint. He assured me that it wasn't anything fancy but that he was sure I would enjoy it. I was overjoyed and anxious all through the school day, hoping that Harry hadn't spent a lot of money or gone through extreme measures to plan whatever it was. That week wasn't too bad. The blocked number hadn't text messaged me once and I hadn't seen Darren very much. I was happy. I was very happy with Harry. I felt as though he was my other half, the reason for my happiness.

After school, I walked up to my locker and put in the combination, placing my books inside.

"Addie..."

I turned immediately at the familiar voice, meeting with my blonde haired, blue eyed friend. I was surprised Marshall had come up to me. He hadn't come up to me or talked to me in days. I was happy to see that he was talking to me now.

"Marshall...hi!"

"Hey...I'm really sorry about everything. I just really wanted to tell you that."

I nodded, forcing a tight lipped smile. I hadn't really forgotten how weird he was about me dating Harry. He said he was in love with me but it really doesn't seem like it.

"It's alright Marshall. I forgive you."

"Good...Um...Do you maybe want to go out tonight...just hang out?"

"Uh, I have plans with Harry."

Marshall's eyes turned to a darker shade of blue and narrowed into small slits.

"Isn't Harry messing around with Britney?" Marshall hissed, rolling his eyes.

"No...he's not." I said, equally as harsh.

"Okay...Let me know when you're free. Your friends miss you."

I furrowed my eyebrows, realizing that something was off with Marshall. He was acting strange and I wondered if it was something besides me dating Harry. I don't understand why he cares so much. He's not my boss. He's not my brother. He's just a friend, a friend who honestly needs to mind his own business and get off my case.

"Hey! What was that about?" Leah asked as she came up beside me, opening her own locker a couple down from mine.

"Marshall is acting weird. I don't know what's wrong with him. I'm sick of having to defend Harry's and my relationship. I'm tired of Marshall acting like a dick because I'm dating someone. It's none of his business."

"Woah..." Leah said, raising her brows in complete shock.

"I'm sorry. That was...rude. I just don't want to feel bad about something that means so much to me. You know what I mean?"

She nodded, pulling me into a hug.

"I know. Marshall is just hurt. He really does like you. Try to cut him some slack. Love makes us do crazy things."

"You're right. I'll apologize to him." I nodded.

Maybe I was a little hard on him

Harry's POV

"Jake, is everything ready? You got the reservations for me?"

"Yes Harry! I put the tickets in your truck and your reservation at my mom's restaurant is at six so you'll have time to eat and be at the auditorium by eight. I can't believe you're taking your girlfriend to a play. You better go through with it. Do you know how many strings I had to pull with my dad to get tickets this late? He's making me wash both of his cars and an endless stream of chores."