Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Addie's POV

"You two better be careful and Daniel, we're counting on you to be responsible, son. I know there are some parties up there over break but we're counting on you to be a good role model to your sister. I mean it son." My dad said as he wrapped Daniel into a tight hug which caused the corners of my mouth to turn up into a smile.

Daniel nodded, promising that he would look after me. While I hugged my parents goodbye, Daniel loaded all of our bags into his car and pretty soon, the two of us and Leah were in the car. As started towards Harry's house, I looked out the window, unable to wipe the smile off my face. I was so excited to get away from everyone and stay in a cabin with Harry. I had told Daniel and Leah multiple times that we could all stay in the cabin together but they had insisted that they stay in Daniel's friends place and that Harry and I stay at the cabin. I had no idea who all from school would be in the same town, renting houses to party over break.

I had heard that a lot of kids from my school liked to go up in the mountains and party over winter break. It's something that always happened every year. My brother had been up to the small town of Richer before but I had never been with him. I usually spent my Christmas break at home with my family and hanging around town with Marshall and Leah.

"Hey Leah, what's Marshall doing over break?" I asked, turning around in my seat.

I had only talked to him briefly a couple days ago and even then, it was only through text messages. He claimed to be busy over Christmas break but he never told me what his plans were.

Leah shook her head and shrugged.

"I'm not really sure. When I talked to him yesterday and told him what we were doing, he got all weird and started texting someone on his phone. He's been acting kind of strange lately." Leah explained.

"Yeah I've noticed that. Even though I haven't really been around him that much, he seems different, like something is really bothering him badly." I said, nonchalantly tapping my fingers against my knee.

"Duh, something's bothering him! The guy's in love with you Addie."

I rolled my eyes and propped my feet up on Daniel's dashboard.

"Get your feet down." Daniel complained.

I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out. He tried to act mad but ended up just laughing at my immaturity.

"You're lucky I can't get mad at you, like ever." He pointed out, taking his eyes off the road for only a brief moment to send me a warm smile.

Leah stuck her head in the space between Daniel and me.

"So back to the whole Marshall thing; he's in love with you."

"Leah, I've told you how I feel about Marshall. I will never think of him in that way, ever. Marshall is my friend and I feel like he should be happy that I've found someone who I love. I feel like he should be there for me, supporting me."

"Addie maybe you should look at it from his side though. He really likes you a lot, possibly even loves you, and you want him to be happy about you and Harry. I think you should at least try to talk to him. Give him a chance Addie. Marshall is a good guy. It's a little weird for all of us to see you so in love. You've been ours for so long. I mean, not ours, but we've looked out for you. For the past year, we've protected you from everyone and now you are in love and you don't need us anymore. It's scary. It's a scary thing Addie, so please don't be so stuck up."

I was completely speechless because honestly, I hadn't even thought about the situation in this way. I began to feel like crap. After hearing Leah say all this, I felt bad for Marshall. I wanted to find him and apologize for being such a horrible friend. Is that how he feels, like he's lost me as a friend?