Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Harry’s POV

I was just simply talking to Jake and the next thing I know, Addie is practically running out of the cafeteria. Now here we stand all of us out in the hall, me, Addie, Leah, Jake, and to my dismay, Marshall. I don’t want any of them out here. I just want to be with Addie, helping her through whatever this is. Addie turned to see us all crowded around, a look of disgust tainting her beautiful face.

“Addie? Are you okay?” Marshall asked and I rolled my eyes.

Does she look okay? Obviously she’s not genius.

“Addie, don’t let that bother you.” Leah said, pushing her further.

Don’t let what bother her? What did I miss?

Addie glanced at me and repositioned her bag on her shoulders before starting towards the front of the building. Everyone stayed back as I followed her down the hall. She quickened her pace like she thought I might just give up. She should’ve known that I wouldn’t.

“Addie!”

“What? What do you want from me Harry?” she snapped, turning around to face me.

“Well for starters I’d like to know why you’re running. I know exactly what this is about.”

“And w-what’s that?” she asked.

Really? We’re back to stuttering?

“It’s about you being scared, scared of this relationship with me.”

“You don’t know what you’re talking about.” She tried to convince me but I wasn’t buying it.

“I’m going home. I’ll talk to you later.”

“What? You’re leaving school?”

She nodded and just like that, she was gone.

………………

I tried to make it through the rest of the day but it was hard not to worry. Five text messages later and no response. I was getting more and more worried with every passing second. I was pretty sure something happened or she just didn’t want this relationship with me. It was torture to sit in class and wonder. After school, I made a beeline for the door but stopped when I saw Leah. Maybe she knew what was up.

“Leah, do you have any idea what happened?”

She looked at me, sympathy in her eyes.

“Darren was smiling at Addie in the cafeteria, smirking at her like he was…planning something.”