Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Harry's POV

I jumped up with Addie, tripping over myself to get out of the bed and catch up with her. She ran to the bathroom and closed the door but I quickly reopened it, gulping down the lump in my throat as I watched her redress, clothes beginning to cover her perfect, naked figure. 

"Addie, what is going on?" I asked, searching her eyes, emotion practically flooding them.

"It's Marshall. He's been in a car wreck. I have to get there." she explained, taking an elastic tie off her wrist to pull her hair into a high ponytail.

"Well..." I rubbed the back of my neck, sighing "can't you go in the morning? It's late."

Her icy glare focused on me, looking at me as if I'd lost my mind, like she couldn't believe I'd suggested it. I cast my eyes down, preferring to not upset her in the slightest.

"Harry..." she sighed, seeming almost hurt by my words.

"What? It doesn't make sense for you to go tonight. You know that. You won't be able to sleep. You'll only worry yourself. Why don't you just stay here tonight and I'll go with you first thing tomorrow to the hospital or wherever he is? Plus, it's better to stay away considering everything that's happened tonight."

She glared at me and if looks could kill I'd be passed out dead on the floor, but I didn't want to stand down. Something about the thought of her going to see him after what happened made me crazy. The need to protect  her bubbled inside me and I couldn't help it one bit.

"Harry, do you think I'll be able to sleep anywhere right now, even with you? You're crazy if you think for once second that I'm not going tonight. I'm sorry our little...whatever got interrupted, but it'll just have to wait. This is Marshall we're talking about. He's not just some random acquaintance. He's been by my side through everything since I was little. Do you think I care about that kiss right now? I don't. I don't care if he kissed me. I don't care what he did, I have to go now."

My lips parted, no words being able to come out. I was rendered speechless, but I knew she was right. The thing is, I never got to really see how close Addie is with Marshall. He's her friend and I should respect it and know that Addie will always do whatever she needs to do for her friends and family. She'd do the same for me. That's just how she is. She'd leave Marshall if I got hurt and she'd leave me if Marshall got hurt. I guess it's pretty heroic. She's always doing the right thing. I know that what she needs right now is to see Marshall. I don't want her doing it alone.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered, stepping forward to wrap her in a hug my arms wrapping snugly around her body.

I didn't want to fight with Addie. That's never what I want.

"No...I'm sorry for being so harsh. It's just...I have to be there, Harry."

"Can I at least come with you?"

She looked into my eyes, leaning in to plant a kiss to the tip of my nose, the gesture making me chuckle a big, my large hands grabbing onto her hips.

"Of course, Harry. I'm sorry. God, I'm really sorry for being so harsh."

"Stop apologizing. Let's just never fight, okay? I can't stand it when you're upset with me." I explained, hoping she'd feel the same about the words that were passing through my lips.

She nodded, looking down before her eyes flicked back up to meet mine. I sighed in relief when a smile settled on her beautiful face, making my heart warm. I pulled her into my body, all the way against me, my hands trailing over the curve of her ass. I wanted more than anything to make love to her, but I knew we had plenty of time. I hope we have forever.