Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Addie's POV

Two weeks passed and I felt so much pressure to talk to this Annie girl. I wasn't even positive that Darren actually raped or assaulted her. He could have been talking about anything. She could have something else over him and that's why he was threatening her. This could have nothing to do with what Darren did to me and we could have it all completely and totally wrong.

Harry and Mr. Roper still wanted me to talk to her, to try to get something out of her, but I'm not sure I can do it. I wanted to get Leah to do it for me but Harry said that wasn't a good idea and that we shouldn't get anyone else involved.

I watched her every day for two weeks. I was scared and nervous about what I could be getting myself into. The blocked number hadn't texted me since I'd reported it to the cops and I didn't want to bring anything back. Yes, I want to help this girl if she's in trouble but if I get involved in this, what if he comes after me? What if he somehow gets me alone again? I can't let that happen but I have to help this girl. I have to. If someone else has gone through the same thing as me and I suspected it but didn't do anything, I would regret that for the rest of my life. I would feel terrible for not at least trying to talk to the girl.

...............

Harry was in detention at lunch. That boy never does his homework and I refuse to do it for him. I offered to help him but he is so stubborn. He's so brilliant and I scolded him for not doing his homework. I really want us to both get into Oregon. I know that Harry is so brilliant. He has great grades and I really think that he will get in. I don't know what I will do if I don't get in. I guess I'll be going to community college. I didn't apply anywhere else.

I shook my head, smiling at the possibility of Harry and me being together at Oregon as I walked to the library. It would be perfect. I gasped as a hand clamped around my forearm. I quickly turned around, ready to throw a punch, but I immediately relaxed when I saw the love of my life smiling at me, deep dimples cratered into his cheeks. His eyes brightened and I could see every speck in his beautiful green orbs.

"Harry!" I gasped "What are you doing here? I thought you had detention."

"I did but I got out of it. I can be very very persuasive baby." He cooed in my ear before biting down on my lobe.

I looked around the hallway but no one was there, not that Harry cared. He took my hand in his, running his thumb over the back of my hand.

"Come with me."

"Where are we going?"

Harry looked around the hallway and then started pulling me down the long corridor to the back of the school, disregarding my question.

"Harry!"

He quieted me with the wave of his hand before turning to me.

"Stop talking Add. Now." He said and his voice was different than ever before.

He was demanding but not in a bad way really. His authoritative voice had me practically panting, wondering where we were going. Before I knew it, Harry had pulled me outside and was leading me to the football stadium. My heart plummeted in my chest as he opened the door to the field house and pushed me inside, lighting a dim bulb over our heads. I almost tripped over a ton of footballs. I lost my balance for a moment but before I fell, Harry gripped my hips and pushed me a bit roughly against the wall, pinning me to it with his hips.

"I've been wanting your lips on mine all day princess."

"Um...what?"

"You heard me." he said coolly, pulling me back so that I was at arm's length.