Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Addie's POV

My loud obnoxious alarm blared through my room causing me to bury my face deep into my pillow. I groaned before turning the thing off, slowly dragging myself out of bed. I trudged into my bathroom, groaning the whole way. I didn't want to go to school today. I worried about Darren. I worried about everything. After taking a shower, I brushed my teeth and got dressed. I fixed my hair and applied a little bit of makeup.

I went downstairs and sat at my barstool in the kitchen alone. Daniel had an early class this morning. He usually has 8 am classes but he had an appointment before class with one of his professors. My parents were out of town staying with my aunt for a couple days. I pulled out my text books, taking some time to study before school. Twenty minutes later, after I had eaten almost all of my peanut butter sandwich, I heard Harry pull up in his truck. A smile crept onto my face as I stuffed my books in my bag. I was excited to see him again.

I put my bag on my back and walked out of my house, locking the front door behind me. I turned around, smiling but that smile was wiped from my face and I almost dropped to my knees as I realized who was standing in front of me. I couldn't breathe and I could feel the beginnings of a panic attack coming on. He was so close. My attacker was so close to me. I backed up more until I was against the door. He was standing just inches in front of me, right on our porch.

"S-Stay away from me."

"Addison, please. All I want is to apologize."

"N-No! Stop!"

"It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you! I promise!"

"Please, get away from me!"

He put his hands up in surrender and nodded.

"Okay, I'm leaving. I'm sorry."

My breathing kept its rapid pace until he walked down my steps and climbed into his truck, disappearing down the street. I let out a sigh, relieved that he didn't touch me, didn't assault me like he'd done before. I didn't realize warm tears were running down my cheeks until the fell onto my shirt, making small spots on the fabric. I slid down the door until I was sitting on the porch. I sat there for five minutes. I counted the time in seconds until Harry pulled up in his black truck. He was smoking a cigarette with the window open but he quickly put it out when he saw me, opening his door and quickly running up to me.

"Addie...what is it? What's wrong?"

"He...Darren was h-here. I-I came out b-because I thought it was you. He was r-right in front of me H-Harry." I hiccupped, feeling like getting out the words was impossible.

"Addie, did he touch you? What happened baby? You have to tell me what happened."

"Nothing. H-He didn't touch me. He tried to apologize like he did at the party b-but he was so close. I-I got so scared."

"Come here baby."

I was pulled into Harry's arms and he pressed a tender kiss to my lips. His large hands made long strokes up and down my back and he helped me to my feet. I dried my tears, willing myself to get my emotions together. I tried to smile at Harry, not wanting him to worry about all of this.

"I'm okay Harry."

His eyebrows knitted together and he pulled me in, hugging me tightly. Being in his arms was so nice, making me relax tremendously. I could feel his love for me. I knew now that he was here for me and that I should cherish it. I shouldn't want to be alone. I deserve more than I feel like I do.

"Harry?" I said, gaining is attention.

"Yes babe?"

"Thank you." I whispered, pressing a kiss to his cheek.