66 | yours forever

Start from the beginning

"I'd love to," I told him. "Really. I'm still writing, though. I don't want to just give that up completely, you know?"

"Of course not," he said. "As your publisher, I want you to write more than anyone. You can do both. I'm not planning on going anywhere."

I smiled. "Okay. Sounds amazing then. I'll come in on Monday ready to learn."

He laughed a little. "Can't wait. Have a good weekend."

"You too," I told him. "Give Amanda my love."

"Give Jesse mine."

He doesn't even want my love.

"Will do," I said with a smile. "See ya."

"Bye."

I left and began my journey home. For some reason, I found myself turning to go to Jesse's instead of back to my apartment. Weird and un-Gemma-like.

I made it to his apartment and prayed that he was there and that his roommate wasn't. Not because I don't like his roommate, but just because I'd rather be alone. I prayed he'd be happy to see me.

I knocked on the door. Eventually, I heard footsteps approaching, then the door unlocking.

The door swung open to reveal Jesse Cooper. He looked as if he had just gotten out of bed. His hair was disheveled and his eyes were noticeably tired. He wore gray sweatpants and no shirt.

He raised his eyebrow.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," he replied. "What's up?"

I shrugged. "I was just walking home and...I wanted to see you."

He smiled, leaning against the door frame. His skin was begging to be touched.

"Not a very Gemma thing to do," he said.

"Maybe you don't know me like you think you do."

He chuckled. "Is that a challenge?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Is Tyler here?"

Jesse shook his head. "He's in Boston for the weekend."

"Perfect," I said, and I wasted no time in kissing him. He pulled me inside and shut the door behind us. I put my hands on the sides of his face, but then ran my fingers across his shoulders and his arms and his chest, feeling every muscle.

He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist; his hands were cold on my thighs, but his lips were warm and welcoming. He carried me to his room and laid me on his bed.

He was about to kiss me again when he stopped. He just looked at me.

"What?" I asked, feeling embarrassed suddenly.

He just shook his head. "I just...I want to take a picture of this moment in my head and savor it. There's not many days where you randomly show up at my door to jump me."

I laughed a bit, tracing his jawline with my finger. "Should I do it more often?"

He smiled a small smile. "I think you should just be Gemma and not change a single thing."