25 | blurry

chapter playlist
• dirty laundry - all time low
• somebody special - nina nesbitt
• you and me - lifehouse

———
a week later-ish
gemma clark

gemmaclark

gemmaclark thinkin bout youload more commentsshawnmendes great picture, gemma!edithjoness lol @shawnmendes you sound like a grandma

load more comments
shawnmendes great picture, gemma!
edithjoness lol @shawnmendes you sound like a grandma

———

I knocked on the door and rocked back and forth on my heels while I waited. My oversized hoodie fell over the line of my shorts, my hair hung loosely in a messy ponytail, and my glasses were perched on my nose. I got out of bed just to come over. Dedication.

The door opened, and he leaned against the door frame with a smirk on his lips. His hair was a little disheveled and his eyes were a little tired, but he was just as beautiful as any other day.

"I knew you'd come over," he said, crossing his arms.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't fancy yourself. I'm just bored."

"At ten o'clock at night. Sure, whatever you say," he replied, opening the door to let me in. "Maybe you're just in love with me."

I shook my head as he shut the door. "You? No way. Not my type."

He chuckled. "What's your type? Cheaters? Or criminals?"

I playfully punched him in the arm. "Guys who don't make fun of me; that's my type!"

He grinned and took my hand in his, pulling me back to him. "Hey," he said, making me look at him. "Thanks for coming."

I smiled and shrugged. "Couldn't resist. There's a slight chance I'm in love with you or something."

He rolled his eyes, letting go of my hand. "So, what do you wanna do?"

I shrugged, as if I hadn't been thinking about making out with him the whole car ride over.

"Don't care. Just came to be with you," I told him. That's true.

He smiled a little. "Well, you're lucky. I'll be here all night."

I laughed a little. "No way."

He nodded, grinning and running his fingers through his hair. "Yep. Just for you, Clark."

Then we both sort of looked at each other for a moment, and I wanted to kiss him so, so badly. I wonder if he feels it like I do. Every time we're this close to each other, it's like there's some sort of magnetic pull forcing us to be closer.

He looked at the ground, breaking our gazes.

"Sorry," he said, a little sheepishly. "If I looked at you any longer, there's a good chance I would have kissed you."