33 | nyc

chapter playlist
• 8 letters - why don't we
• new york - ed sheeran
• there you are - zayn

———
almost a couple weeks later
shawn mendes >>>

There was a knock on my door. The only person it could possibly be is my girlfriend, but she has to be at the airport in an hour, and with LA traffic, she should already be on her way. So, I was hoping it wasn't her for her sake, but for my sake, I wanted it to be her.

I got up, running my fingers through my hair before opening the door.

Sure enough, it was Gem. She was grinning.

Before I could say anything, she kissed me. And it was better than amazing. Always is.

"Hi," she said, still all smiley.

"Hey. What are you doing here? I mean, I want you to be here, but I don't want you to miss your flight," I replied, and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I'm cutting it close," she said with a shrug. "Letting go, remember?"

I chuckled. "Yeah, I remember. I didn't really mean it like this, but whatever."

She kept her smile. "Anyway, I didn't want to leave without seeing you one last time. So, it's not much, but I have about fifteen minutes, maybe twenty. I figured we could just like, make out or something. If that's cool with you," she said. "Or I could just leave, if that would make you feel better."

"You came all the way over here and could possibly miss your flight because you want to make out with me for fifteen minutes?"

She gave me a look. "Well, maybe twenty. Depends on if I'm feeling it or not."

I laughed, and she laughed too. "So, are you down? Or am I wasting my time?" she asked, biting her lip. Driving me crazy.

"I guess I can fit this into my very busy schedule," I told her, and she grinned.

"Thank God. Do you have to tell your other girlfriends to climb out the window or something because I came over unannounced?" she asked, messing with a strand of my hair, smiling a little.

I pretended to think about it. "It's only fifteen minutes. Maybe twenty. They can sit tight until we're done."

She laughed and so did I, then I pressed my lips to hers, realizing I had to get the most out of these fifteen (maybe twenty) minutes that I get with the Gemma Clark, because she's leaving for three days, which doesn't seem like a lot, but it is. I'm going to miss her more than I've ever missed any girl, which is good and bad, but I'm glad she's going to go out there to chase her dreams. That's good for her.

She pushed me farther back into the room and away from the door, but not without running into something. "Ow," she winced, but about two seconds later, she was okay and kissing me again.

"Sorry," she breathed, laughing at herself just a bit. "I'm a fool for you, what can I say?"

She is an absolute dream and I can never lose her.

"You're crazy, Clark," I murmured, and she grinned as she pushed me back onto my couch, her hands in my hair, kissing me like I had always wanted her to. Like she really, really wanted to.

I could stay like this forever, as close as possible to the greatest girl ever, kissing her and laughing with her and just being with her. Forever. That's insane. I'd spend forever with her. Why does that feel so easy to say?