39 | easy, real, & nearly perfect

chapter playlist
• just the same - bruno major
• painkiller - ruel
• extraordinary magic - ben rector

———
maybe a week later or something. who cares it's not important
shawn mendes >>>

gemma
come over

me
now?

gemma
sure. the sooner the better

me
gemma

me
as much as i wish i could drop everything at your beck and call, i can't leave now

me
would a couple hours be okay?

gemma
i've got work at two :((

gemma
tonight. ill be done at seven. come over

me
yes ma'am

gemma
okay yay i'm so excited

me
me too

me
even though we just saw each other yesterday

gemma
we barely saw each other because you slept all day

me
i had a late night!!

gemma
whatever. see ya later cutie

me
can't wait xxxx

———
later

Gemma was hovered over her laptop when I got to her apartment. I let myself in (after she yelled "come in!" super loudly) and she didn't even look up at me.

"Hey you," I said, kissing the top of her head from behind the couch.

"Sorry," she said, I assumed for not acknowledging my presence. She turned around and kissed me, then gave me a small smile. "I'm very glad you're here."

I couldn't help but smile, too. "Well, I'm very glad to be here. Homework?"

She groaned. "No. I'm trying to sort some stuff out with Isaac and my agent and it's kind of stressful. Especially after a long day of school and work and dealing with people."

I nodded. I understand work stress. Plus, she has school stress on top of that.

"It can wait, though," she said, closing her laptop.

"You sure?"

She nodded like she was very sure. "Positive. I've been waiting to be with you all day."

"Right back at you," I said, and she grinned, then kissed me again, a little longer this time. I felt myself smiling when we separated.

"Always worth the wait," she told me, making me feel warm inside. I think I would wait a lifetime for her.

I sat next to her on the couch and she immediately pulled me back to her, pressing her lips to mine. Blissful. I've never been so completely enamored of one single person. So captivated and enchanted by. It still baffles me, how I feel about her. Even though I know everything about her, she's still like a puzzle that I haven't figured out yet. A puzzle that's really fun to solve.