45 | proud

chapter playlist
• she's a god - neck deep
• run - canyon city
• numbers - the cab

———
two weeks later

shawnmendes

shawnmendes my girlfriend wrote a book

shawnmendes my girlfriend wrote a book. this may be surprising to you, but it's not surprising to me at all, because she does incredible things all the time, because she has an incredible mind that is capable of the utmost incredibility. today's just another day of her being awesome and me being proud of her.

anyway—please read the book. it's amazing, and i'm not just saying that because i'm in love with her. it's objectively amazing. i've literally read it four times. maybe you can, too. ;)

(p.s. this picture is her attempting to call her brother via the hotel phone because he didn't answer from her cell phone. she's still doing it. liam if you're reading this please pick up)

(p.p.s. yes she just normally looks that good)
load more comments
gemmaclark hey btw i love you. and liam never did pick up :(
connormcclain i haven't read a book since like 2013 but i guess i'm going to have to get back on it now

———
gemma clark <<<

"Shall I make a toast?" Shawn asked, looking at me as he poured my glass. Him + this dim light = perfection. I could stare at him for hours.

"If you'd like to," I replied, taking the glass from his hand. "But don't feel like you have to."

"I want to," he said.

I knew he would want to, but it still made me smile. I raised my glass as he raised his, curious to hear what he would say.

"To you, and your brilliant mind, and the brilliant things you can do with it," he said, making my heart melt. He's just so good. So good.

"You're an angel," I said softly, making him roll his eyes.

I gave him a quick kiss, and then we sipped our drinks. It burned my throat in a good way. I took another swig, relieving the stress of today a little bit at a time.

"I can't wait to go to bed tonight," I said. He laughed, but I really meant it.

"Oh, come on, Gem," he said, nudging my shoulder. "You're twenty years old, you have your own published book, and you're in New York City with a guy who is the self-proclaimed love of your life. The last thing you should want is to go to bed."

I chuckled, feeling a bit inspired. "Okay, fair enough. What should I want to do instead?"

"I don't know. At least stay up and bask in the glory of this moment," he told me. "You only publish your first book once, ya know."

"True," I replied. This is so fine by me. I leaned my head on his shoulder and continued to gaze out at the city, which is pretty much the only thing I do here. New York City is nothing like Los Angeles, really, and for a homegrown Nebraska girl who grew up "in the sticks," every day that I'm here feels like something I need to appreciate and somewhat gawk at. It's just so pretty.