|| 58 ||

Warning for the next chapters: Mention of violation, weapons and death

***

Harry would never forget that sound. Probably it would haunt him forever. That sound when the grenade exploded, the sharp splinters piercing their way through Quen, destroying her entire body. Harry felt a few small pieces of splinters flying to his body, but they either bounced off, or cut his skin only minimally while he threw himself to the ground, his face turned away.

Everything felt like slow motion as he held this position in shock, his eyes still squeezed together.

Everything became quiet then.

He heard a door open somewhere, nothing else. Unbelieving if this had just happened, he opened his eyes, stared at the wall for a few seconds. Only then did he manage to slowly move towards the wall next to the still closed door. Once there, he slowly began to straighten up. His heart was beating like crazy, in his ears he heard a penetrating beeping sound. He was still in such a state of shock that it still felt like a dream, like time was slowing down. He put his hands on the floor to at least straighten up a little. Staring, he held his gaze on the floor. It was crazy. He should run out. He should... no.

It was stupid to think that maybe she was still alive. He shouldn't look. And yet he couldn't stop himself.

Slowly, he stood up before his eyes lifted. In a situation like this, you knew that you had to be prepared for something bad. And yet... when you saw it, the inner preparation was in vain. Because it was worse than you could ever imagine.

Harry he inhaled in shock, stumbled backwards, caught himself with one hand on the wall. His eyes were fixed on the disfigured body, all the blood and splinters on the floor in the middle of the hall. And immediately his breathing began to accelerate in panic.

No.

His vision became blurred, although he could feel nothing. It was as if he was only in his body, he could neither move nor feel anything. As if he could see it, but his brain didn't understand that it was real, that it was true what was in front of Harry's eyes.

That this was Quen in front of him.

"No", Harry could only say quietly, still staring at the cruel situation in front of him.

No.

Quen.

He stumbled another step back, shouldn't, no couldn't, be here for longer.

As if in a trance and at the same time in complete hecticness, he opened the heavy sliding door of the hall as if he was about to be attacked, stepped out.

He had to get away from here. He had to get away from this room!

His body couldn't manage to walk normally, so he held on to the door frame for a moment before he stumbled out. He didn't perceive anything anymore, his vision was as if he was drunk, while he was staggering as well. He wouldn't have recognized an enemy or anyone else at that moment. For each of his senses was suddenly as if switched off.

Quen...

Quen!

Over and over again Harry heard the sound of the grenade, saw Quen's eyes in front of him.

Her watery eyes that looked at him so loving. So sad. And so determined. Her eyes as they had looked at him as if she would say goodbye. Her words. The sound of her shoes on the floor as she had run away.

And then again that sound of the grenade.

Quen had saved him.

Quen had prevented an explosion.