|| 49 ||

Louis actually liked to fly. He mostly felt bad for the environment, but it was like driving a car. He enjoyed it, but it was stupid. He sighed, turned away from the window, looked briefly at Quen, who was fast asleep with headphones on. Louis would have liked to do that too, but he couldn't sleep; he was too busy thinking about Danielle, Italy, his meetings, Harry. Uuurgh, why Harry again?! Again, he sighed and got up, went to the couch that was on the right wall of the plane, sat down on the soft pillows. Clicking on a button on his bracelet, he opened the calendar, checked what they had to do first when they arrived. Thank God there wasn't so much planned today. He clicked through the schedules until he saw the last appointment, the day Harry would arrive. Just after Louis was going to be at the trainings hall. Louis noted in his thoughts of letting Liam know that he would bring Harry there. Or wait. Nooo. No, Louis. He sighed, closed his eyes. Bad Louis!

So while he still cursed himself inside and finally forced himself to think of something else than of a certain curly person and their tongue, an arm lay on the armrest behind Louis.

"Well?"

Louis sighed annoyed but didn't answer.

"Oh, have I disturbed your innocent thoughts?"

Louis opened his eyes, looked at Jackson, crossing one leg over the other, saw his ex-fiancé look at his legs through the movement.

"No, I was just imagining how I could kill you and Danielle at the same time. Would be romantic, don't you think? You guys getting back together forever and all that crap"

"Oh, I wouldn't like that very much", said Jackson, whose eyes wandered over Louis' legs and over his upper body to his face. He finally had to grin because Louis was giving him a glare because of the staring.

"I mean, you and I are finally working together again, aren't we? I think we should keep it that way"

"When did we get back together?"

"Since we are together against Danielle", Jackson replied, now slipping so near that their legs touched. Unimpressed, Louis looked at the spot where they touched, then back at Jackson.

"I'm sorry, you are mistaken. This is me versus Danielle. You are just a pawn on my chessboard, doing anything I want"

Jackson chuckled, leaned in.

"And yet..."

He looked at his lips, then at his eyes.

"You don't take complete advantage of the fact that I'm doing everything you want me to do"

Louis snorted, put two fingers on the older one's forehead, pushed his head away a bit.

"First of all, you don't do everything I want anyways, I guess that was a little optimistic; I meant in that case Danielle against me. Because you're on my side, not hers. Whatever the reason, maybe the sex with her sucked"

Jackson rolled his eyes.

"The sex with her was completely meaningless"

Louis' gaze changed.

"You don't realize that's even worse, do you? If you'd at least cheated me for something useful; found love with someone else, I could and should have accepted it somehow. But why should I accept that you risked this relationship for meaningless sex?"

"Me and finding love?"

Jackson laughed like he had said something funny. Louis looked away. Yeah, he had believed it. But he had believed in a lot of things. And now he only believed what his mind said, not what his heart said.