Chapter - 29

[Song recommendation- 4 O'clock by RM & V.]

"It's not fair, Kookie. Why didn't you tell me about the plan?" Taehyung said, looking at the boy who just made him angry. He was sitting on a rooftop bench, beside Jungkook. The wide night sky above him was like a canopy of stars and a soft breeze carried a faint familiar odor, might be from those sweet fawn lilies in their lawn, he thought.

"Baby I-" Jungkook was going to explain but Taehyung interrupted.

"Don't call me baby, when you can't even trust me." Taehyung crossed his hands on his chest and looked away. His pout was getting prominent with every passing second.

"I trust you but listen to me first." Jungkook said while bringing him closer to his arms. Taehyung just sucked in a breath of the cold air and let it out slowly, to hide his blushing cheeks. Jungkook continued, "If I had any idea of, you'll react this way, I would have told you first for sure. You've just scared the shit out of me Tae, never ever think of leaving me like this."

Taehyung sighed deeply, then he said, "I got scared too. I thought they're going to die because of me."

"No, they're going to be fine. Trust me." Jungkook pulled Taehyung's fingers into his and intertwined them. Then softly said, "I'm sorry Tae. I wanted to let you know all these but Yoongi hyung ordered me to hide it from you."

"But when did you plan all of this? You were with me all the time." Taehyung's anger was long gone, it was replaced with a mild curiosity.

"Let me start from the beginning." Jungkook started saying, maintaining the eye contact. "Remember when we arrived at Jin hyung's lab, Yoongi hyung called me." Jungkook waited for a moment for the other boy to recall that moment. When Taehyung nodded, he continued…

Flashback from that night~

"Jungkook-ah why didn't you tell me, Taehyung is with you?" Yoongi asked him from the other side.

"How did you know?" Jungkook bit his lower lip with a frown.

"I called the airport security, they told me you went with a man named Kim Yoontan. As I asked them to send me the screenshot, they gave me Taehyung's picture." Yoongi answered him.

"Hyung, I have a plan." Jungkook said, biting his lips. He wasn't sure if he should share his thoughts with his senior or not.

"Which plan, Jungkook? Tell me honestly." Yoongi firmly said.

Jungkook waited for a second, took a long breath, then started saying, "Taehyung had the formula, if I didn't bring him here, he won't give it to me. Now Jin and Namjoon hyung are working on it, so I'm hundred percent sure they'll make the antidote."

"Yeah I believe that too. Next?" Yoongi calmly asked from the other side of the phone.

"Now I can easily arrest Tae with the help of American police-" Jungkook's voice became more serious, "but if we do that then we can't reach the Jung Organization. Instead we can use Taehyung as bait. I shall tell him that he can go home with the medicine and then follow him all the way to Sonbeok's house. I'm sure he won't go elsewhere."

"Sounds fascinating but I can't trust Jung Sonbeok. What if he destroys the ampoules or just demands more money from the government?" Yoongi explained his thoughts.

"Yes I don't trust him too. That's why I'm thinking of asking Jin hyung to make duplicate ampoules, so that we can fool them." Jungkook said.

"Oh! Nice idea but don't let Taehyung know about it. You have to keep it a secret." Yoongi warned him.