Chapter - 25

Gwangju, South Korea.

The streets of Gwangju were gleaming in the late afternoon sunlight. A matt-black Rover was running on the street with an atypical slow pace. Hoseok told the stone-faced driver to drive carefully when the car left the highway and caught a narrowed street. Mina wasn't talking much throughout the journey from Seoul to his hometown, she was just sitting beside him with a gloomy face.

"Mina, do you want something to drink? Your favourite orange juice can be arranged." Hoseok said while looking outside at the street stores. He tried to hold his wife's soft hands into his own, some moments ago but she just pulled away her hands as soon as she felt the touch.

"No." Mina answered faintly. She tried to focus on the outside scenarios but all the roadside buildings and stores felt the same to her, so she focused on her handkerchief instead, which she was holding loosely over her lap.

"Are you still angry with me?" Hoseok spoke with a tender tone. "Mina, you're right, I really am a monster." He sighed and looked at his front. "I should have thought of our future before doing this horrible job."

"I didn't mean it Hoseok-ssi," Mina said after a long pause, "I was just scared that you're going to become like your dad." This time she initially held his hand and put it on his lap, playing with the fingers to convey her true feelings.

"Mina, living is hard, living a mafia's life is harder" Hoseok slightly pressed her hands and said while looking into her eyes, "but i promise that I'll change myself, I won't end our lives this miserably."

"Please save those people Hoseok-ssi, unless their families will curse us, we can't live happily further." Mina wiped a salty droplet as it came across her meek eyes. "I just want our child to grow up in a normal family, surrounded by love and happiness."

"Please give me some more days Mina, I promise that I'll convince dad to leave this dirty business soon." Hoseok put his other hand over his wife's womb, smiled sadly and said, "I promise you too little one that I'll be a good dad for you."

"Promise me one more thing Hoseok-ssi, you'll take care of yourself, hmm? The next time when we shall meet, I want to see you healthy." Mina rested her head over Hoseok's shoulder, a single tear rolled down on her cheek. She held his hand more tightly as they came in front of Mina's parents house.

"Taemin, leave us alone for now. I'll call you after sometime." Hoseok firmly said to his driver as he parked the car outside of the house. The driver obeyed. "Mina, you too take good care of yourself and the baby. If you want to see me then don't hesitate to call me, If you need anything else, then call me before anyone. Ok? " Hoseok pulled her to his arms and hugged her softly, resting his head on her shoulder.

"I love you Hoseok-ssi, I'm sorry." Mina said in between her sobs. She rubbed her tears on Hoseok's shirt over his shoulder and kissed his neck.

Hoseok returned the favor by kissing her all over her mouth and face. Finally when he kissed her forehead, he said for the last time before coming out of the car, " Your love has given me so much strength Mina-ssi, now I'll only follow the lead of my heart and try to make things right. I'll come back when I do something good and make you proud." Mina just nodded with a happy smile and again hugged him tightly.

Chicago, USA.

The sunny and cheerful Chicago weather outside made the love birds come out of their nest. Jungkook and Taehyung finally decided to move their lazy ass to roam around the city. Taehyung was wearing one of Jungkook's shirts, as Jungkook told him that he looked sexy wearing oversize shirts. They started from hopping on a big double-decker open space bus to explore the streets. Then entered the Shedd Aquarium, when the sun was up in the sky, radiating all of its glorious heat but as soon they entered the building, the cool temperature inside made them cool instantly.