Chapter - 10

"Here, write down one by one." Jungkook handed over an exercise book and a pencil to Tae. He bought them from the departmental store he visited in the early morning. Jungkook bought plenty of food items and stored them in the fridge for Tae. Doctor gave him some exercises to regain memories sooner, that's why Jungkook brought some colour pencils, pencils, erasers and that exercise book for him.

"What should I write?" Tae asked while sitting in the dining area. Jungkook had that only table in his house so they used it as a reading table.

"I told you to begin with alphabets. Start from A, B, C, D." Jungkook instructed him to write in a row from left to right. "Can you remember them?"

"Oh yeah, very clearly." Tae began writing with confidence but soon he got stuck on the letter J. He couldn't remember what was after that. "Uhm, kookie, please help. I, J then?" Tae was looking at him with hopeful eyes.

"Not now, try to recall on your own." Jungkook said while beating eggs. "I can give you a hint, it's in the beginning of my nickname." He poured the beaten egg on the heated pan.

"Kookie? Kkkk oh K!" Tae started cheering like he had just discovered America. Then he started writing again.

Jungkook divided the omelettes on their separate plates and placed them on the table. "Eat before it gets cold. I've to leave for the office soon." Jungkook started eating his bread toast and omelette.

"I'm writing kookie, don't disturb me now," Tae was desperately trying to remember each and every letter clearly. 

Seeing him like this Jungkook sighed. He didn't want to but still picked up a toast from Tae's plate and held it in between his slightly parted mouth. Tae took the bite absentmindedly and concentrated more on his studies. "Finished. Kookie what should I do next?" Tae said while submitting his work to his teacher.

"Not bad, your handwriting is good." Jungkook gave him back the book. "Write down the numbers next." Tae started writing again but he kept forgetting in between. Jungkook finished his and Tae's food and went to the sink to wash the plates.

"Kookie my head is hurting, I couldn't remember after twelve." Tae closed his eyes and rested his head on his palms.

"Oh! Then stop writing for now." Jungkook went near him, "let's take it slow, alright?" He patted Tae's shoulder to cheer him up. "I'm turning the TV on, just watch some movies and if you remember something from your past memories then draw it on the book. I'll check it in the evening."

Jungkook got ready in a few minutes. When he was about to open the front door Tae called him from the back. "Kookie, come back soon, I'll be waiting for you." Tae reminded him to not forget him this time.

"I will, I promise." Saying this Jungkook left his house.

  That day was a very busy day for Jungkook in the office. The robbery case was still unsolved. Senior officer Min Yoongi went to the parliament office for a conference. Officer Jackson was hospitalized so two of his undone cases were handed to him. It's not like that he didn't think about the boy in his house once. The thought of him being so scared and helpless, was urging him to finish his work quickly.

Jiminie hyung called in between to inform him that he's coming earlier. When he said they had a guest in their house, Jimin got excited to meet him.

When the office hours were over, he packed his things quickly and tried to drive his car fast towards the hospital. He had a hard time crossing the traffic to get there. After entering the patient's room, Jungkook was fascinated by seeing a beautiful family moment. Jackson was sitting on the bed holding his baby in his arms. The baby's little hands were busy with counting his thick fingers. His wife sobin was capturing the moment with a camcorder. When they saw Jungkook on the door, they all welcomed him with a happy smile.