Chapter - 8

6 days later,

Midnight had passed, the corridor of the Shanchon hospital was quiet. Even the constable who was supposed to guard a special patient in his wake, fell asleep in exhaustion. A black figure cautiously passed by the sleeping constable and entered the patient's room. There were four patients in that room and everyone was sleeping silently. He went near a patient and gave him a gentle nudge. The patient didn't respond at first but when he was being shaken hard, he opened his eyes leisurely.

"Tae, wake up man, we have to leave from here." The black figure whispered.

The patient who was still in a daze, looked at the unknown figure in surprise. "Are you talking to me?" He rubbed his eyes and stared at the other.

"Yeah, just get up already, we have to hurry." The unknown person opened his small backpack and quickly started to pack the medicines from the side table.

"Hey these are my things, why are you taking these with you?" The patient knew that when the doctors came, they would give him these medicines.

"Keep your voice low, I've blocked the cctv but here are other people also." The unknown person whispered again informing him the situation.

"Mister, are you a thief? Do you steal medicines?" The patient whispered this time like the unknown man said.

"Thief? You're calling me a thief?" The unknown man stopped his movement and came close to the patient. "Tae, it's me, Seojoon. Hobi sent me to bring you with me." He came extremely closer to the patient to show his face better.

But the patient, Tae, moved back to avoid the collision. He raised his eyebrows and asked, "Who's Hobi?"

The unknown man snorted lightly and started doing his unfinished work. "Why are you joking now? We need to get out of here fast." When he finished packing all of his medicines, he pulled Tae's hand to get him up from the bed. "Come on, hurry up, we don't have the whole night."

"But I don't want to go with a thief." Tae protested.

"Tae, why are you acting like this, come with me." Seojoon picked Tae bridal style to leave the room quickly.

"Help, somebody help, a thief is stealing me." Tae started screaming to attract other people's attention. Seojoon was about to open up the door but the other patients who woke up in this disturbance, started screaming for help too.

"Quiet buddy, do you want us to get caught? Aaahhh-" This time Seojoon screamed when Tae bit his shoulder hard.

"What is happening here?" The constable tried to open up the locked door from outside.

"Oh shit!" Seojoon put Tae on the floor, "I'll come back later and don't try to do anything stupid next time." He gave Tae one last glare and escaped through the window.

The day was very eventful in Seoul national police agency's office. A couple of theft cases, some lost and found cases and a mysterious murder case happened in the same day. Jungkook was organizing a robbery case file, which happened four days ago. When he got a call from the chief general's office he left his work undone and rushed to reach there soon.

When he entered the office, he saw his father was already sitting there with the chief. He bowed to them and stood there for their next order.

"Officer Jeon, I was talking with Mr commissioner about your promotion." The chief general said.

Jungkook couldn't believe in his eyes, "Thank you sir, I'll be diligent." A stream of joy was flowing in his mind. He bowed again to show his gratitude.