Chapter - 20

Dawn had to take a bit more time to greet the day with it's soft light. Hoseok, after receiving a call from their informer Sungjae, drove fast and arrived an hour later. He parked out in front of the police agency's building and waited patiently for an anticipated phone call.

He saw some police cars entering the building and some coming out but there was no sign of Sungjae and his informer friend. Hoseok became anxious, his beloved friend was missing for days, now that he knew where he was, he couldn't reach out for him. By counting every second he was looking at the gate intently.

Soon after, his phone vibrated. He eagerly took the call, "Yes, I'm here/ The back side?/ Ok." He cut down the call and moved his car to the back side of the police agency building. He placed his car extremely closer to a pantry outlet and opened the car's backdoor.

One of the two people,  who came out of the smaller gate, was carefully carrying a senseless man on his back, and the other one was helping him to pass through the narrow gateway. The first man cautiously put the swooned figure inside of the car and closed the door. "Thanks Minho." said Hoseok and drove onwards.

"Why is he not opening his eyes?" Hoseok asked in agitation, he was looking severely at his friend, who was lying on his bed for more than an hour.

"I gave him a painkiller injection, it'll take some time to work in his body. He will be fine." The doctor assured him. Hoseok thanked the doctor and sent him home.

"Hey, don't worry too much, you at least bring him here alive, isn't it enough satisfactory?" Mina said while putting a bowl of hot medicine soup on the side table. She came closer to his husband, who was sitting on the corner of the bed and lightly massaged his temples. Hoseok leaned on her chest, closing his eyes, when he felt her soft touches on his forehead.

"Hmmm, he's alive and healthy, this is more important than anything." Hoseok nodded lightly. "Mina, how is my sweetheart doing? Can you feel her?" Hoseok gently kissed on his wife's slightly puffed belly.

Mina giggled, "She's just three months old, let her grow up more so that i can feel her inside." She was running her hands through his husband's hair locks, smiling happily.

"Baby, can you sit by his side until I come back? Dad asked me to do an important job, so i have to go sungchon terminus now." Hoseok slowly detached himself from his wife as he maintain the eye contact.

"Sure, I'll look after him." Mina smiled at him.

Hoseok gave a light peck on her cheeks and said, "I'll be back soon, as he wakes up, call me, ok?" Mina nodded in response and waited while taking a chair near Tae, after her husband left them alone.

Around 2 pm in the afternoon, Tae's body conspicuously made some movement. His eyelids quiverd, fingers started dancing on the sheets and lips parted to highlight his discomfort. "Water, some water." He implored with a thin voice.

Mina was drowsing on the chair, awaken immediately hearing the hushed sound. "Taehyung-sii, are you alright? Can you open up your eyes?" She asked in concern.

"Please, water." Tae's eyes blinked and opened, slowly focusing on her face.

"Yeah, wait a second." Mina brought a glass of water and fed him the water with a spoon, some droplets went down from his mouth, onto the pillow. "Taehyung-sii, do you want to eat something?" Mina asked politely.

"No, thank you" Tae sat up on the bed, his body was still aching. Mina helped him. He rested his back on the pillow and looked directly into her eyes. "Who are you?" He asked with a trembling voice.