Chapter - 26

The old grandfather clock was showing 3.35 in the afternoon. Jung Sonbeok snapped his eyes to the door, when he heard a sudden knock alongside a familiar voice asking his permission to come in. He first looked at his right hand man Mingu and beckoned him with his pointing finger to open the door. He was checking his inbox from time to time to see if he got a new mail from the president, it had been an hour, he sent his account number to the government but didn't get a reply.

From the corner of his eye, he saw Taehyung enter the living room with a huge white bag. The boy ignored Mingu's question about what was that thing on his hand, came directly to him and placed the white bag in the middle of his wide German wood table. "Is this the-" Sonbeok said with a frown and looked at Taehyung.

"Yes, ahjussi, these are the medicines to cure those people." Taehyung slowly opened the lid of the bag and pulled out a tray filled with two inch long, slim transparent glass ampoules, contents colourless water like liquid.

"Wow! The medicines are here but there's no sign of money. Dammit!" Sonbeok slammed his fist on the table, which made the heavy wooden table vibrate a little. Taehyung could see the vibration on the other side of the table too, he panicked.

"Careful ahjussi, these ampoules can break." Taehyung quickly put the tray inside of that bag and closed the lid.

"I know, I know. Just put this thing inside of this locker." Sonbeok sniffed his nose and again refreshed his mailbox. When he didn't see any new massages, he raised his fist to punch his monitor. "Why aren't these bitches transferring the money? I won't give you anything if you don't give me my money, you f*cking president." Sonbeok's growl echoed around the room.

"Calm down ahjussi, they've already declared, just give them some time to arrange that huge sum of money." Taehyung slowly put the bag inside of that metal locker and secured it by tapping the lock button.

"Yeah, whatever! By the way, where did you find those chemists? I tried calling them but they just disappeared through a spray of dust. I sent my men anyway to find those morons." Sonbeok snorted displaying his teeth. They were the another reason why he was angry today.

"Amm! They contacted me to give these ampoules." Taehyung said, hesitations were there in his voice. He's a master liar but in front of his uncle, it was difficult for him to lie smoothly. He knew it very well, why Dr Kang and Dr Lee disappeared.

"Alright, if they don't need their share then what can I do?" Sonbeok turned his gaze from his desktop screen to Taehyung's face. "Look, a very important client is coming tonight. He is the Lord of Busan, Hong Sungil. You heard his name, right?" He paused for a while, when Taehyung nodded, he continued, "I want you and Hoseok to do this deal."

"Again gold smuggling?" Taehyung extended his eyebrows "but Hobi is not here and I haven't done it before." Taehyung bit his inner lip, clearly didn't want to show his panic.

"Hoseok is on his way here. I told him already and what is this- haven't done it before? Huh? Are you a kid? Don't you know how to give and take things?" Sonbeok twisted his face in disgust. "Foolish me, thought that you two can take care of this empire after me."

Taehyung sighed. He no longer wanted to engage with these works. He promised Jungkook to surrender tonight with the medicines but this new task made him anxious. "Ok, I'm doing it, just tell me what I have to do."

"Just go to the Gimpo airport and take him to our private hotel. Hoseok already has the drugs,  so receive the gold bars from Hong Sungil and be with him until he goes back to the airport. Got it?" Sonbeok left a hopeless sigh, rolled his eyes and returned his attention to his mailbox.