Chapter - 24

9.25 pm. That's what Jungkook's wrist watch was showing when they entered Chicago Chemical Laboratory. The crisp of the temperature below 10°c and a strong smell of medicines welcomed them. Brighter lights, machine's thrumming, people's working with white coats and gloves, were the things they witnessed inside the big hallroom. Taehyung took small steps to follow Jungkook. He was staring at those machines and workers with bigger eyes and slightly parted lips.

Jungkook had been there before so he knew where he could find his cousin brother. He came here three years ago, when his cousin invited their family to attend his marriage ceremony. Jungkook's father wasn't happy with this same sex marriage thing, he didn't come but he sent his two sons alongside his friend's son Yoongi to attend behalf of him. Jungkook was awestruck to see so many openly gay people there. It's not like three of those boys  hadn't seen any lgbt people in Seoul back then but those people were mostly closeted and feared to face the society. So this ceremony had given Jimin, Yoongi and Jungkook the confidence to accept their sexuality.

"Hurry up Taehyung, Jin hyung is waiting for us. You can see all these tomorrow." Jungkook said when he saw his (ex)lover stopped before some colourful chemical liquids, stored in some glass tubes. Taehyung didn't respond but followed him to his cousin's office on the sixth floor.

"Hey, Maddy, look who's here, my baby bunny Kookie." Jin shouted from his chair. He came to his cousin and hugged him tightly, then kissed Jungkook on his cheek but Jungkook wiped it off immediately with his palm.

"Hyung, don't kiss me like that, I'm not a baby anymore." Jungkook narrowed his eyebrows and pouted.

Jin laughed out loudly hearing this and hugged him again. "You'll always be my baby bunny. I missed you so much. It's a relief that my baby bunny has become so much stronger and so much handsome." He was going to kiss Jungkook for the second time but Jungkook dodged. "Wow! wow! We have a guest, I see. Jungkook Why didn't you tell me, huh?"

"Tell you what?" Jungkook gave a  quick look at Taehyung and asked Jin innocently.

"That you've got a handsome boyfriend. You two are looking so perfect together." Jin released Jungkook and hugged Taehyung. "Oh! I'm so happy for you." Jin's smile widened.

"Excuse me, I came here with a request, please help me, we need some antidotes urgently to save some lives." Taehyung pulled himself out of that hug and spoke out with pleading eyes.

"That means, you didn't just come here to introduce your boyfriend?" Jin sighed when Jungkook shaked his head a little.

"Alright, I'll try to help you young man but first please be sited." Jin patted Jungkook's shoulder and showed them a comfy couch. "Maddy, please arrange some food and drinks for these gentlemen." He told his American assistant, who just simply nodded and went out of the room.

"Where is Namjoon hyung? Is he busy now?" Jungkook asked while adjusting himself on the couch. Taehyung also sat besides him, maintaining some distance.

"He'll be here any moment. How's jimin? He came here last year after his break up with Yoongi. He was really upset when I last saw him." Jin was saying while removing his lab coat and gloves. He applied some rubbing alcohol on his bare hands, then took a single couch to sit across them,

"He's fine, they're still in love but don't wanna be in the relationship again." Jungkook said. He looked at Taehyung and continued, "He's Kim Taehyung. My bo-, my friend." Jungkook gulped, he heard the same gulping sound from his side also.

"Hello Mr Kim, since we're both Kims, can I call you Taehyung?" Jin showed him his ultra-brighten smile.

"Yeah sure. Umm, have you heard about the Seoul gas leakage incident?" Taehyung hesitated a bit saying his last words.