Chapter - 14

Jungkook felt very cold when he woke up. The weather became very chilly at the end of November. He opened his eyes lazily to adjust the light. Unbeknownst to him, his eyes turned to his right, where Tae was sleeping. He felt warmth in his palm. He saw it was tangled with Tae's long and soft fingers.

He again moved his eyes to the sleeping boy's face. The boy's facial charms were something on another level. Jungkook hadn't seen anyone who was this gracefully perfect. The boy's lips were pressed together, unlike the other day. His long thick eyelashes were stored on his cheeks. The sunlight was dancing over his disheveled hair while his bangs were covering one third of his face. Jungkook smiled and removed some hair strands to expose his forehead more. He sighed when he thought he had to say goodbye bye to him soon.

Jungkook slowly untangled his hand and got up from the bed. He couldn't wait to visit his office early. The first case he had solved on his own. This was his first true achievement as a police officer so he was both excited and proud. He quickly did his morning duties and left for his workplace.

Jungkook knocked at the chief's office. "Sir may I come?" He asked politely.

"Please come Jungkook, sit." The chief was talking to a senior inspector. When Jungkook entered he told the senior officer that he would like to continue their discussion later. Jungkook took an empty chair and sat neatly. "Jungkook, I heard from officer Min that you've caught the robbers alone. Is that true?" The chief asked.

"Yes sir, just have a look at this case file," He handed him a covered file. "They robbed Seoul cooperative bank on November fifteen. According to the bank authorities they took five million won cash and jewelry worth eight million won." Jungkook paused for some moments then continued. "They hid the stolen items in an empty warehouse at Daegu. That's why it took me more than ten days to locate them."

"Impressive." The chief said while looking at the case development. He closed the file and returned it to Jungkook. "What about the injured robbers?"

"They were sent to the police hospital and the other two were in the lock up. I have enough evidence to prove them in the court." Jungkook smiled a little.

"Yes I saw that in the case file." The chief also smiled a little. "Congratulations officer Jungkook, I'm proud of you." He raised his hand and shook with Jungkook's. "Now you've one more case to solve for getting a promotion in this office."

"Yes, sir, I'll try my best to solve a case within this month." Jungkook got up from his chair and stood straight. He saluted the chief and left the room. He was smiling happily holding the case file. His first achievement and the chief was also impressed on him, that just added icing on the cake. His phone vibrated when he was going to sit on his chair. He got a text from his dad. 'Come to my office, I have some important things to discuss.' His smile widened. His dad barely texted him. Without wasting any moment he rushed to the commissioner's office.

He knocked at the office and without any formality he entered. "Dad, you called me?" he took an empty seat and looked at his dad with hopeful eyes.

" Yes I called you but this is an office, how many times I reminded you to not call me dad here. Where is your professionalism?" the commissioner growled.

Jungkook's face turned pale. "I'm extremely sorry sir, I made a mistake." Jungkook became more serious.

"That's better." The commissioner said in a firm voice. "I've heard that you went to Daegu yesterday and caught some dakoits."

"Yes sir, i heard from an informant that they were hiding at a warehouse, so I went there-"

The commissioner slammed on his table hardly and Jungkook startled. "So you went there alone to commit suicide, right?"