Chapter - 23

It was now 7.30 in the evening. Jungkook, exhausted with every last drop of coolness of the chilly November night, was drifting his tired body toward the door lazily. Yoongi dropped him just a minute ago, he had some urgent work in the office, so he didn't even come to say hello to Jimin.

Jimin returned from his grandparent's house just a few hours ago, he told Junglook to be home early because his flight for Los Angeles was at twelve in the night, so like other nights, Jungkook didn't pull out his keys to open the door, he just knocked twice.

"Hey, my baby brother, welcome home." Jimin welcomed him with a warm embrace and some little pattings on his back. "Look who's here," Jimin said after closing the door behind.

"Mom! Wow! I missed you so much." Jungkook almost ran to his stepmother and hugged him tightly. The tiredness he was feeling earlier was replaced by an energetic smile.

"Aw! I missed you too my baby." Jungkook's stepmom was smiling radiantly. She placed a kiss on his forehead and said, "I wanted to come in December but Jimin insisted me to come with him and I'm so glad to see you tonight." Jimin joined him in their reunion hug, three of them were smiling happily.

"Jungkook, why aren't you eating properly, look at your arms, they've become so thin these days." Their mom said on the dinner table. She cooked several Korean non-veg dishes with homemade kimchi and pickles which served with three bottles of soju. Jimin took a very small amount of food on his plate, he had a flight and also he had to maintain his body weight to look perfect on the stage. So their mom was putting more meat on Jungkook's plate.

"Mom stop, you'll make me chubby." Jungkook covered his plate with his other hand to make a shield from his mother's love attack. Jimin was giggling from time to time seeing them like this.

"Kookie, you're really not eating properly, my child. I've stored so many other dishes in the fridge, eat them before they get wasted, ok?" His mom said while feeding him a pickled shrimp with a chopstick. Jungkook nodded, having the shrimp into his mouth. "By the way the whole country is gossiping on that parliament poisonous gas attack, are you in their investigation team?" She asked in a serious voice.

"Yeah, I don't know why people do such reckless things? They should die and should be tortured in hell. Now God knows what is going to happen to those victims!" Jimin said with a shrug.

"Yoongi hyung is in the investigation team, he didn't want to add me in, I'm not doing it at all." Jungkook sighed and put his chopsticks down. He couldn't tell his family what reasons he was not in this team for. Seeing the disgusted faces of his family members towards the culprits, his heart became heavy again.

"I hope everything will get normal again." Mrs Jeon put down her chopsticks and turned towards Jungkook, "I've to visit our house tonight also, your dad told me to go there before going back to Busan."

"Oh! Ok mom, please take a good care of your parents and don't worry about us, we're all grown up now." Jungkook said after sipping some alcohol from his bottle. His mom smiled at the last sentence and ruffled his hair with her fingers.

Around ten thirty, Jimin and his mother bid their farewell and both of them headed on their separate ways, leaving Jungkook all alone in his house. Jungkook released a heavy sigh after closing the door.

After loosening his stiff body on his bed, the first thing that came into his mind was a particular boy who broke his heart ignorantly just some hours ago. He couldn't match the two personalities together. The one, who was living in his house for some days, was so loveable and the best example of a good person, while the other one was just a caddish and misbehaved person. The first one was like a sweet dream and the other was like the harsh reality which he wasn't prepared to face. Jungkook closed his eyes as he felt helpless and indecisive.