Chapter - 28

"What the hell is happening here?" Sonbeok got puzzled. He parted his mouth along with his eyes when he realized the gun sounds were getting louder with every second. "This can't be true." He said looking at the only door of the room.

One of his men came in through the closed door, panting heavily. All the eyes shifted on him. "Ahjussi, there are more than ten police cars outside, they've already entered the house."

"Jeon Sewook, how dare you to bring more police here?" Sonbeok snapped at the commissioner.

"It was a part of our plan, now get ready to surrender." Yoongi enlightened him.

"Minho you bitch, why didn't you tell me before?" Sonbeok growled, his face twisted in anger.

"Ahjussi, I didn't know either." Minho said with a confused frown, he's face diverted to Yoongi, he said pointing at his senior, "He's the one who made this secret plan, kill him first." Yoongi didn't even give a look at the speaking person.

"Just shut up Minho, nobody is here going to kill anyone. If there's no way to escape, we should all surrender together." Hoseok, who was silently watching all these dramas, spoke out suddenly. He came closer to his friend Taehyung, who was still pointing his gun at his father's head. "Tae, let us all just go outside, I don't want to see more blood here."

"Ahjussi, give them the antidote bag and set these officers free, quickly." Taehyung spoke sharply, the gunshot sounds stopped outside, only some faint noises were there. "You don't have any other choices left, they are going to catch you anyway."

"Just shut up you moron. I fed you all these years and now you're threatening me with my own gun?" Sonbeok shouted out. Within a second he flickered his gaze to his right hand man Mingu and nodded slightly. Mingu also mirrored his actions. "What the hell are you waiting for? Just untie these bitches." Sonbeok ordered his dummies.

Two of Sonbeok's men dropped their weapons, went behind Yoongi and Taemin and pulled them up from their position. Yoongi let out a sharp cry, it was difficult for him to stand on his numbed knees. Taemin felt relief because he was in that uneasy position for more than forty minutes. The goons roughly untangled the ropes around their wrists and went to untie the others.

Taehyung's other hand slowly slid into Jungkook's hair, fondled with some strands. "Jungkook, can you get up on your own?" His voice was softer, just above a whisper.

"Yeah." Jungkook slowly got up on his feet but couldn't keep his balance, he stumbled backwards. Taehyung's hands moved fast, he pulled Jungkook to his arms and let him rest his full body on his own. "I knew, you'll never let me down." Jungkook whispered back near Taehyung's ears. Their eyes met spontaneously.

As soon as Sonbeok saw Taehyung's mind diverted, he sharply looked at Mingu. Mingu caught the sign, he quickly went behind the commissioner and put his gun to his head. The commissioner got startled at first, he was looking at his son that time, he didn't get the time to move from there.

Sonbeok's chuckle drew the lovebird's attention on him. Taehyung again raised his gun but Sonbeok snapped, "drop your gun you motherf*cker, or else my boy Mingu will blow Mr commissioner's head away." Taehyung hesitated, he knew his ahjussi was the man of his words, so he obeyed.

At the same time the door opened with an ominous boom. Two armed policemen entered at once, holding their deadly sniper gun. Followed by four other officers.

"Hold on, your commissioner is at our gun point. It'll take my man just a fraction of seconds to dig a hole into his head." Sonbeok growled. He steadily came in front of the commissioner and smirked at him.

"Don't listen to him, just arrest these goons, it's an order." Sewook told his subordinates but his eyes never left Sonbeok's eyes. It was not the first time he was facing this kind of situation. He knew it very well that it might be his last day but catching these dangerous criminals was more important than saving his own life.