Chapter - 22

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have come here to discuss the disease which has now become the national crisis." The speaker Mr Go Eunho stated. The press and the members around him were listening to his words with their extreme attention. He continued, "The vast majority, like the young and healthy people can expect recovering fully and quickly as if they don't get infected by this Covid virus again. The highest risk is for elderly population with underlying health conditions.."

Sometimes later, before his speech ended, some uneasiness heard from the middle of the crowd. Some members started coughing as they were facing great difficulty to breathe properly. "I think there's something happening, let's get out of this room." Some people screamed. Almost all of the members started rushing to the entrance and the exit doors but they failed to get out of the room as the doors were locked. "Somebody please open the door.", "Cover your nose and mouth quickly." "Call the security, what is happening here?", " Just open the f*ckn door." These were all heard inside the conference room, along with vigorously coughing sounds.

Some police inside of the room called for the help, but what could the outside people do against those heavy computer-controlled locks? They tried each and every way to open up the gate but it took them more than five minutes to reach out the mother controlling computer in the basement to open up the jammed lock. Science could be cursed at a time like this.

When the tons of police and the security finally entered the room, they witnessed a very unexpected sight in front of them. Most of the people inside the room were breathing heavily, some were trying to cover up their mouth and nose to prevent the toxic air from entering their body, some of the oldest members had already collapsed.

"Quick, get all of them out of here, call for more ambulances." The security chief ordered his subordinates. They started moving those people out of that room as fast as possible then sealed the room as if nobody could enter it. The sirens of ambulances filled up the place along with some screaming of the press and media reporters. The national bomb squad was called immediately to search the place thoroughly but it took them some more time to find out the root of the gas leakage.

"This is reporter Kang, reporting from South Korean national parliament building, here occurred a massive act of terrorism just less than two hours ago. An empty gas cylinder found inside of the air conditioning panel, at the top of the room. The name of the gas is still unknown. The impact of the gas made more than one hundred people severely ill. They are facing major nervous failure and cerebral trauma. The other thirty people who are currently out of danger told the doctors that it was the most horrible sight they've ever seen. We are trying to reach those people for more information, please stay with JTBC news."

Yoongi turned off the TV in the hospital cabin and looked directly at Jungkook, currently laying on a slightly uplifted hospital bed, a blanket had been pulled down to his waist. "What do you think? Why Jung Sonbeok did this to all these parliament peoples?" Yoongi asked while adjusting himself on a bedside chair.

"I have no idea." Jungkook sighed heavily. After losing his senses, he didn't know how Yoongi brought him here in the hospital. The doctor checked him immediately but just gave him some painkiller injections and vitamin IVs. He wasn't bleeding at all because the bullet hit right into his uniform badge which was tagged on his chest but the impact was so forceful that his chest got bruised. Jungkook's sleepless tired body couldn't even take the hit and he collapsed after that.

"I've never imagined Sonbeok would do this type of outrageous thing, now we have to catch him immediately to know more about the gas." Yoongi slammed his fisted hand on the handle of the chair. He twitched his mouth in displeasure as they couldn't be able catch the mafia leader sooner.