Ch. 29 - FRAYED

Blake's outfit

For the flashbacks⬆️

When you see** and italicIt's a flashback

When you see
** and italic
It's a flashback

Chapter Twenty-Nine
Frayed

Blake sat on the bus in the seat in front of Scott and Stiles with her back against the window and her feet up on the seat. Notebook in hand as she sketched a familiar face. She didn't have any ear buds in, just in case someone talks to her, not that she was really paying attention to what anyone was saying.

"Yo, Scotty! Hey, yo! Scotty? Still with me?" Stiles said making Scott start paying attention to Stiles again, "Yeah, sorry. Uh, what's the word?" He asked and Stiles Stiles looks down at a vocabulary app on his tablet, "Anachronism."

"Something that exists our of its normal time."

"Nice! Okay, next word-- "incongruous."

"Uh, can you use it in a sentence?"

"Yes. Yes, I can! It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross-country meet, after what just happened. Incongruous." Stiles says as he looks over the seat to momentarily check on Blake. "Out of place, ridiculous, absurd." Scott said making Stiles nod.

"Perfect. Okay, next word. Um... Darach. Darach. It's a noun?" Stiles says slowly making Scott give him a look, "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not?" Stiles said and Scott just turns to the window and the passing landscape. "Next word... Intransigent."

"Stubborn, obstinate." Scott says and then the bus hits a bump making him sits up with a gasp, catching Blake's attention making her turn to them. "Oh, buddy, you okay?" Stiles asked and Scott nods, but with a pained expression. "Will you let me heal you now?" Blake asked and Scott shook his head, "I'm fine." He said making her roll her eyes.