Chapter 72

Isn't she lovely?
Isn't she wonderful?
Isn't she precious?
Less than one minute old

Venus is currently getting some much needed rest after giving birth and breast feeding our kids for the first time

And while she does that, I'm enjoying what the doctors call, skin to skin.

I actually haven't been able to stop smiling since my kids came into this world. My cheeks hurt.

If I thought my life was complete before, boy was I wrong.

Because here I am, holding my son and daughter in my arms.

They're both so small. And it blows my mind that such tiny humans have the ability to fill my life in ways that I didn't even know needed to be filled.

"I spy I spy with my little eye a DADDY!!!" I hear a familiar voice sing out enthusiastically from the doorway.

I quickly snap my head up and see Austin standing in the doorway, holding an insane amount of stuffed animals.

I hear Venus groan in her bed beside me and I suddenly want to clothes line Austin for waking her up. She needs her rest.

Guinevere, Natalie, and Amanda all follow Austin into the room. "Hey guys," Venus' sleepy voice groans.

"How are my two favorite new parents?" Guinevere smiles at Venus and I before her eyes land on the two little ones in my arms.

I smile down at my sleeping children as I reply. "Never been better."

"Do you guys want to hold your niece and nephew?" Venus chimes in. "You guys are basically family, so I assume you all know that they're going to be calling you aunt and uncle." She adds.

"Well, uncle Austin wants to!" Austin quips giddily as he walks over to me, stretching his arms out and wiggling his fingers.

I could hold these two in my arms forever. But I guess a few minutes of my best friends holding them wouldn't hurt. I have many long nights of holding them and rocking them to sleep in my future anyway.

"Okay, Austin," I start to say as I move to hand him my son. "Just be careful and make sure you stabilize his neck."

I have never seen Austin be so gentle and tender in the entire time I have known him as he takes hold of my son and cradles him in his arms.

"What's his name?" Amanda asks as she makes her way to stand beside Austin, putting a hand on his shoulder as she looks down at my little boy.

"Fred Austin Styles."

"You named him after me?!" Austin asks in disbelief as he flicks his eyes back up to meet mine.

"No...we named him after Gramps. You got the middle name though." I reply.