Chapter 66

Chapter aesthetics

***Walk towards love

***
Walk towards love

***Walk towards love

5 months later

When Venus and I told our friends that we got engaged, they were all so bloody excited. And that excitement turned into the girls somehow planning a whole wedding in five months.

Austin begged to be the flower girl, like I expected he would.

But since Gramps isn't here, Austin will have to step up and take over the best man duty.

Amanda also so graciously offered to be a groomsman of mine so Venus' side of the altar will be balanced with mine. Guinevere is obviously her maid of honor and Natalie is her bridesmaid.

We decided to go with a small wedding. Just our few friends and our families.

I was actually surprised that Venus invited her father and brother.

But I think it's her way at trying to put her painful past with them behind her.

In turn, I also invited my family. Even though I'm not really close with them, I still wanted them to be here to see me get married.

I mean, this is kind of a big deal.

This whole thing with Venus feels pretty full circle.

I asked her to marry me in the place where we first met. And now we were getting married in her grandparents' big wooded backyard where she first asked me to be her boyfriend.

No, we aren't getting married in the treehouse. But it's the same property, so close enough.

Now here I am, standing at the makeshift altar type thing that was set up in the backyard, waiting for my girl to walk down to me.

Austin and Amanda are standing beside me with Guinevere and Natalie standing opposite of me.

I watched a few of Venus' younger cousins, who we decided to be the flower girls, walk down and scatter some flowers. Austin muttered something about how it should have been him while they were doing it. I had to resist the urge to slap him upside the head in front of all of our guests.