Chapter 46

It's just a nod to the canon.

*****Trigger Warning: The next few chapters will mention sensitive topics of having a sick loved one.*****

I'm convinced that all medical personnel in this hospital didn't even go to medical school

None of them are giving me the answers I need.

I usually don't get mad or upset, but this is an extremely stressful situation for me right now and all I want are some answers.

Apparently Gramps came in to the hospital because he was having some digestive problems and was getting annoyed with dealing with it, so he came in to check it out.

I'm choosing to not be upset with the fact that he didn't tell me he was having problems. I need to worry about other things right now.

At least he stopped being stubborn for a moment and came in to check things out. But he thought that he could just get an enema and be on his way.

The doctors said that it's routine to do a scan after doing an enema to make sure it worked.

That's when they found the cancer.

They told me that they still need to do more tests to determine if the cancer is malignant or not. And also to see what type or stage it is.

Funny, because they told me that was what they were doing when they called me yesterday. Hence why I think that these doctors didn't go to medical school.

They also for some reason won't show me the scans of where the tumors are. Which is infuriating.

"I still don't understand why I can't see the scans." I deadpan to the resident that is talking to me.

"Well, I don't think you are allowed to see them." He replies.

I laugh bitterly. "I want you to pull up your chart and look at his emergency contact and primary care. You'll see my name under both slots." I point to the room Gramps is in that we are standing outside of. "You can ask him for permission if you really want to. But I am his grandson, I am family. I am also his next of kin. I can assure you I am allowed to see them."

"I'm sorry, sir. But I don't think I am allowed to show him either."

I take a deep breath to try and control the anger bubbling inside of me. I just want some damn answers. "How about you go get me someone to talk to who isn't a bloody wanker and knows what is going on." I groan in frustration, raising my voice slightly.

"Sir-" He starts to say but I cut him off.

"Listen," I start to say as I look at his name card. You have got to be kidding me. "Listen, Richard. You go find the damn doctor, or I will." I'm starting to grow impatient.