Chapter 33

A very Merry Christmas
And a happy new year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear

A very Merry ChristmasAnd a happy new yearLet's hope it's a good oneWithout any fear

"Merry Christmas, Mike." I say as I hand him the usual gift I give him every year. A bag of my special popcorn and a Christmas card with a small gift card to his favorite restaurant in it.

I watch as Mike quickly opens the bag and starts to eat the popcorn before even looking at the card.

"Thanks, little red." He says as he hands me a small box wrapped in newspaper. "Here's your gift."

I read the label on the box that says 'To: My Favorite Employee' and smile to myself. I then open the box to see two tickets to a movie, a gift card to one of the fancy restaurants in town, and a pair of small gold hoop earrings. "Since you will be leaving me soon when you graduate, I thought I would get you something a little nicer this year. The tickets and gift card are for you and that little boyfriend you got. Love him, by the way. And the earrings are something for you to wear on your job interviews coming up."

My jaw goes slack as I take it all in. I feel guilty when people give me things, no matter how small. "Mike, thank you. But this is too much. I can't accept all this."

"You can, and you will. Merry Christmas. Now get out of here and go see your man."

"Thanks, Mike. Merry Christmas." I say as I grab my bag and head out of the music shop. I soon get in my car and make my way to Harry's apartment.

I don't have a lot of money, so I was only able to get Harry something small. I also got Fred a little something.

My family hasn't done anything for Christmas since my mother died. My father usually just goes to the bar, no different than every other night. And I don't know what Dawson does, and I really don't care to know, to be honest.

So this is something new, to spend Christmas with someone. Someone I love.

I told Harry not to spend too much on me. I tried to tell him not to get me anything at all, but he told me that there was no way that was going to happen. So he settled for my asking of whatever he got me to be nothing big.