Chapter 30

When I'm with you, all I get is wild thoughts

Tomorrow is the start of finals week and Venus and I decided to have a little last minute study session tonight

Tomorrow is the start of finals week and Venus and I decided to have a little last minute study session tonight. She is woking on her final poems for her poetry class and I am studying for my mathematics final.

We are in Venus' room, studying on her bed. We both have our notebooks and textbooks spread out around us, immersed in our studies.

I really like Venus' room, it's cozy. The walls and comforter are white which gives the room an uplifting feel, which contrasts to the dark gray decor I have in my room. She also has some Christmas lights hung on her way that she turned on which gives the room a warm relaxing feeling.

I look up from the math problem I am working on and see Venus staring off into space, seemingly deep in though.

"Earth to Venus." I say as I wave my hand in her line of vision. I watch her snap out of her thoughts and turn her attention to me. "What are you thinking about?" I ask with furrowed brows.

"I'm trying to decide which of my poems to submit for my final." She says as she flips through her journal in her lap.

"Well, why don't you read me some and I can help you decide?" I suggest.

"I really want to include this one, but it's very different than what I have written in the past. I wrote it after thanksgiving. Something you said that day made me think." She says, pausing a moment to take a deep breath before she starts to read the poem.

"Time.
A concept of confusion.
Yesterday.
A time of regret.
A time of I wish I-
A time of the past.
Today.
A time of decisions.
A time of what do I-
A time of the now.
Tomorrow.
A time of hope.
A time of what if I-
A time of the future.
Yesterday you can't change.
Today you can't always control.
Tomorrow never comes.
And if tomorrow never comes,
does that relinquish the hope that comes with it?
In yesterday, I wish I thought that wasn't true.
In today, what do I choose to believe?
What if I choose to believe in hope?
What if I choose to believe in tomorrow?"