Chapter 3

There will be no fade out
This is not the end
I'm down now
But I'll be standing tall again
Times are hard but
I was built tough
I'm gonna show you all what I'm made of

There will be no fade outThis is not the endI'm down nowBut I'll be standing tall againTimes are hard butI was built toughI'm gonna show you all what I'm made of

"Mike how dare you not mention that the man was british, and hot! Like, hot hot type of hot." Guinevere says exasperatedly at Mike.

"Sorry that I forgot to go into detail about his eyes sparkle like the stars in the night sky." Mike retorts, throwing his hands up in defense.

"I still can't believe you just tossed his number away V" Guinevere states, turning her attention from Mike to me.

"Lucky for you, strawberry shortcake, I always forget to take out the trash. It has no correlation to me being too lazy to do so what-so-ever, may I add. We can go dumpster diving for it Guinny!"

"Will you two cool it?" I interject. "My dad left to go camping with his friends this morning. This is a rare Saturday where I don't have to be home and worry about anything. So, I'm done talking about mister tea and crumpets." I add. "With that being said, Guin, I'm in major need of a girls night."

"Say no more! I got plenty of wine to last us all night!" Guinevere responds cheerfully.

"V, the shop closes in thirty minutes anyway, you can leave early and go have fun with Guinny." Mike says to me with a smile.

"Thanks, Mike." I say with a soft smile before going in the back office to grab my car keys and bag. I knew Guinevere would agree to a girls night at her place, so I packed an overnight bag before I left for work earlier today and brought it with me.

"Thanks for letting her go early Mike!" Guinevere cheerfully yells back to Mike as we start to walk out the store.

"You know Guinny, you come hangout with us at the shop so much, you should work here." Mike shouts back.

"I'll think about it!" She replies with a smile as we walk out the door and head to my car.

Once we get in the car, I am quick to plug my phone into the aux cord and hit shuffle on my throwback songs playlist. The moment Dancing Queen by ABBA came on, I rolled down the windows and pulled out of the parking lot.

Guinevere and I continue to blast music at top volume and sing our hearts out all the way to her off-campus apartment. 

We are quick to get changed into our pajamas once we arrive at her apartment. I am wearing a black jumper that says 'I don't wanna taco bout it' with a picture of a taco on it and some black soccer shorts. Guinevere, being the girly girl she is, is wearing a matching pink and white striped pajama set.

After we are dressed, I start to make popcorn while she pours us some glasses of wine to get the night started. I decided that if I am going to have my carefree girls night, I am going to go all out and make my special popcorn.