Chapter 2

She sits beside me like a silhouette
Hard candy dripping on me 'til my feet are wet
And now she's all over me, it's like I paid for it (cha-ching)
It's like I paid for it, I'm gonna pay for this

She sits beside me like a silhouetteHard candy dripping on me 'til my feet are wetAnd now she's all over me, it's like I paid for it (cha-ching)It's like I paid for it, I'm gonna pay for this

"I'm having your baby, it's none of your business. I'm having your baby, it's none of your business." I finish singing the song I have been messing around with for my song writing midterm as I play along with my guitar for my grandfather and best friend in the living room of my apartment.

"I didn't know you were pregnant Harry, congratulations!" My grandfather says as I look to them, sitting on the couch across from me.

"Do you need me to hold your hand during delivery?" Austin adds.

"When is the baby shower? I got to order an 'I love my great gramps Freddie' onesie for the little munchkin."

"Alright, alright, I get it." I say as I set down my guitar.

"The song makes no fucking sense, Styles. But, still cool." Austin says.

"Let's just get going, we are going to be late for class." I say to Austin as I stand up from the couch and grab my backpack. "See ya later gramps." I say as I start walking to the door.

"See ya later Fred!" Austin adds.

"So, is that a no on naming the baby after me?" I hear my grandfather yell as Austin and I walk out the door.

"You ready for your midterm?" Austin asks me as we get into my car to drive to campus.

"I don't know, now that you said the song makes no bloody sense, I'm nervous." I reply as I start the engine and pull onto the main road.

"Yeah, but you're british. You can get away with anything in America just because you have an accent." He starts. "You offer someone a cup of tea and a crumpet and the ladies practically pass out. Smart idea for you to move here really, you got it made. Also smart idea for me to be your friend, because when you stupidly turn them all down, I get to swoop in and offer my services."

"You know I moved here for my gramps. Plus, I'm focused on my studies and getting my career started. I'm really lucky to have gotten a full ride to Boston University, I don't want to screw anything up and lose focus." I retort.

"Who said you can't focus and have fun? You need to meet someone. Maybe they can give you some song writing inspiration so you have enough material to get an EP out."

"I don't know, not that many people have caught my eye." I respond.

"So someone has caught your eye?" Austin says as he looks to me, wiggling his brows.

"What? No, I did not say that."

"You just said that not that many people have caught your eye. That implies that someone has in fact, caught your eye."