Chapter 53

I was bruised and battered, I couldn't tell what I felt
I was unrecognizable to myself
I saw my reflection in a window, I didn't know my own face

I was bruised and battered, I couldn't tell what I feltI was unrecognizable to myselfI saw my reflection in a window, I didn't know my own face

Harry hasn't said a word since we left the hospital.

He seems so out of it.

I feel numb to everything that has happened today too, but I am used to bad days like this. So I feel like they don't always affect me as much as they probably should. Also, I need to be strong for Harry right now. He needs me.

Once we got back to the apartment, Harry sauntered down the hallway and I took a moment to call his mother to let her know what was going on.

I think she was pretty confused when I called.

I guess Harry had mentioned to them that he had a girlfriend. But I don't think that they knew how serious we are.

I think she was surprised that I was helping Harry and Fred through all of this.

But I would do anything for Harry. I love him. And that's what you do for the people you love, you be there for them.

I told her that things with Fred have seemingly taken a rapid turn for the worse and they should try and come to Boston as soon as possible.

After our brief conversation, I hung up the phone and went to make sure Harry was okay.

I mean, he definitely wasn't okay. But I guess by okay, I mean still stable.

I make my way down the hallway of the apartment to see where he went, and that is when I hear the shower water running. But I am suddenly confused when I see the bathroom door open.

"Harry?" I call out softly as I peek my head into the bathroom to check on him.

My heart nearly shatters the moment I look in the bathroom and see Harry.

Harry is standing in the shower, fully clothed, with slouched shoulders as he looks straight ahead at the tiled wall of the shower cubicle. The water is hitting his clothed chest, flowing down his body and drenching his clothes.

His face is emotionless and cold while his body looks overcome with pain and sadness.

Oh my dear Harry.

I wish I could take this pain and sadness away from him.

I sigh sadly as I slowly walk into the bathroom and towards the shower cubicle.

I quickly take off my clothes and toss them to the side before entering the shower.

Harry seems incredibly far lost in his own thoughts. His eyes look empty and sad. He doesn't even seem to notice that I am in the shower with him.

I feel my eyes start to water as I take in the state of sadness and brokenness he is in.

My hands gently move to tug on the bottom hem of his soaking wet shirt to remove it up and over his head. He seems completely unphased and unaware of everything that is going on.