Chapter 42

If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you
New York, New York

If I can make it thereI'll make it anywhereIt's up to youNew York, New York

Well...Venus and I got a noise complaint.

Austin would be so proud.

Me on the other hand, was embarrassed and Venus thought it was hysterical. She made a comment about how my face was redder than her hair.

But today is a new day. I almost forgot I wasn't home when I woke up. I quickly snapped into reality though. I slept like a rock.

I let Venus sleep a little longer before I woke her up so she wouldn't be late to her interview.

Once she woke up, we took a shower together before getting ready for the day.

It didn't take me long to get ready because all I had to do was dry off and get dressed.

Venus on the other hand, took a little longer. She wanted to make sure she looked her best for her interview. She put on a denim jumpsuit that she bought just for the interview. She also put on some light makeup and slicked her hair back into a high ponytail.

 She also put on some light makeup and slicked her hair back into a high ponytail

I tried to calm her nerves about the interview the best I could. We left the hotel at the same time and I rode with her on the subway to her stop. I even walked her to the building her interview was at.

After she went in the building, I made my way to the studio I was going to be recording my EP at today.

The whole journey from where Venus' interview is being held to the studio, I observed the sensations of New York.

I notice the buzz of the subway and wonder how people memorize these routes. I notice the bright lights and tall buildings all around. I notice the fast pace determined people walking by me on the streets.

I think about what would happen if Venus gets the job here. I have no doubt in my mind that she will. The company would be insane not to hire her.

But what would that mean for us?

Is it crazy for me to want to follow her here?

I mean, I can do music in New York.

When I get to the studio, I knock on the door. Soon, a man with longer brown hair and a scruffy beard answers the door. "You Harry?"