Chapter 38

I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful
Like a rainbow

I see your true colorsAnd that's why I love youSo don't be afraid to let them showYour true colorsTrue colors are beautifulLike a rainbow

I reached out to one of my old friends in England recently. He knows some people in the music industry. And since I am working on trying to get an EP out, I reached out to him to see if he could help me find somewhere to record it.

I told him I already have the songs written and know what type of instrumentals I want, so all I need is a place to record. 

He was happy to hear from me and gladly offered to reach out to his friend in New York City who has a studio.

Venus has an interview there coming up, so I booked the studio for the same time her interview is. We already booked our hotel in Brooklyn to stay at for a few weeks from now.

I'm really fucking excited. I'm not just excited to actually officially have an EP and get a start on my music career. I'm more excited to go on a little trip with Venus.

I already have been working on messing around with photoshop to create a cover photo for the EP, and I picked a name for it. But I want Venus to be included in it. The EP is pretty much about her after all.

It took a lot of convincing, but she finally agreed to let me take some photos of her to use on the EP art.

Mike, very generously, offered to sell hard copies of it in his shop. So, I needed to design something for both the front and back of the CD case.

And now here we are, at the familiar studio Venus always uses to take photos of me for her projects. But this time, I'm the one behind the camera.

She adjusted the settings on the camera and set everything up. Thankfully all I had to do was focus the camera and click a button.

I rummaged through the clothes that the studio had for people to use and looked for something for her to wear. I had no plans going into this, I was hoping something would just jump out at me. And I feel like it did when I saw a red leather jacket.

Venus is bold, tough, and warm. Much like the feeling I got when I saw the jacket, so I thought it would be a good fit.

As I grabbed the jacket off of the rack, I started walking back to the studio. But on my way back, I noticed that there was a room for props. My curiosity took over as I walked in to see what was inside the room.

After a few moments of looking around, I saw a fake sunflower. Perfect.

With the leather jacket and sunflower in hand, I finally make my way back to the room where Venus is. I give her the jacket to put on and she smiles when she sees the sunflower. "That's perfect, goes with your one song."

"Can we change the backdrop?" I ask. When I look at the cool tone gray backdrop that is usually there, I realize that it won't work at all. With her red hair, the red jacket, the yellow flower, and the warm tone of her skin, a cool tone backdrop doesn't seem right.