Chapter Twenty - Eight

Start from the beginning

"We didn't mean to keep it a secret." She muttered, "It was something that happened in the spur of the moment, sorry." She mumbled tearing up as she tightened her hold on Nikolai's shirt. Feeling her change of emotion he glared at the people before him.

"What happens between us isn't anyone's business but ours. We could've kept it a secret for a long period of time but we decided to let you guys in on it. Don't bombard us with questions why don't you wait till we sit down and explain ourselves." He slightly grumbled at them ignoring the looks on their faces.

"Okay back up." Ricardo called out, "My darling girl doesn't take well to pressure." Everyone slowly shuffled back and Nikolai grunted out a low 'thank you'

"Now that everyone has settled," Nikolai breathed grabbing Elaina's hand and pulling her in front of him. "Yes, we are married." He stated, their voices rose louder and the couple looked at each other, Nikolai sighing as he shook his head.

"And you didn't want to tell us?!" Amara exclaimed hurt clouding her face. Elaina frowned as she stared up at Nikolai with a sad look on her face.

"It was last minute. I wanted to marry her there and then, we didn't want to wait, plan and have a whole wedding. We just wanted us," He looked down at Elaina, "Just the two of us, in a private space confessing our love for each other. Our relationship is ours, it is no one else's business and I am not trying to be rude but it is what I think." He told them, "We did invite Ian only because he was the only one available to be our witness." Eyes glared at the older brother who shrugged his shoulders with a roll of his eyes.

"Don't glare I was just a witness." He grumbled.

"Now if everyone would quiet down my wife," He emphasized happily, "Has something to announce."

"Oh yes." Elaina blushed as she unwrapped Nikolai's coat from around her body revealing the navy dress she wore and her protruding stomach her hand resting on it naturally.

"Y-Your pregnant." Evan stuttered as he looked at her with wide eyes.

"Oh my." Her grandmother Cecilia Laracuena stepped forward. "You are big my darling."

"I know nanny." Elaina giggled.

"I knew you wouldn't disappoint, son." Clarissa stepped forward beside Cecilia their eyes on Elaina's stomach. "What a big stomach."

"How long?!" Amara snapped out of her shocked state, "How many months?"

"Just under four." Elaina giggled as Nikolai placed his hand on her stomach.

"You're already so big at four months," Amara smiled softly.

"Papa?" Elaina looked at her father and brothers who stood behind him quietly. She peered into his eyes watching as his eyes welled up and she pouted. "Papa?"

"I'm just happy baby." Ricardo laughed lightly pulling his daughter into a hug pecking the top of her head lovingly. "You look beautiful, simply beautiful." Elaina clung to her fathers shirt crying softly with his warm hand rubbing her back softly. "As long as you are happy, I am happy."

"Agreed." Elijah spoke up. "Your happiness comes before all." Her older brother stated. Pulling back from her fathers chest he wiped her tears with a chuckle pinching her cheeks lightly.

"Where'd that pretty smile go?" Ethan chuckled, Elaina smiled at her older brother pouting as he flicked her forehead lightly, "Never let that pretty smile leave your face, Iniya."

"I can't I just can't." Evan mumbled behind, "You pregnant! My baby sister?!" He exclaimed shaking his head frantically.

"Shut it." Elijah smacked the back of his head, "She's a grown woman." Elaina smiled giving her brothers a beautiful smile that made them happier than they've ever been. She loved the three men whom she had grown up protecting her, always watching her back and making sure that she never shed a tear, they were always there. Her protectors and now that she was starting to go off on her own, start her own family, their hearts were full.