Smell like home

Peter had a bad day.  He felt the entire week crashing down on him and it was only Wednesday.  Walking into the Stark Industries Tower he usually had a hop in his step and excitement over the fact he had an internship here and he hung out and worked with Tony Stark and how amazing and fantastic his life was turning out to be. 

Today however he walked in with his hands in his jean pockets and head down.  Headphones in his eyes he didn't glance up at anyone as the lady at the front desk gave him a strange glance and he walked fast to the elevator before leaning on the back window paned wall of it as it moved.

"Would you like to go to the Lab where Boss is working?"  The A.I. Friday spoke and only then had Peter taken out one of his headphones.

"Yes please."  He said softly before putting the earbuds back in and listening to the music once more.

The elevator doors opened and he pushed himself off the wall and walked out with the same posture as before avoiding people and all eye contact until he got to his lab.  Swiping his card and getting his retina scan he walked inside and went to his desk sitting down with one swift motion.

Tony glanced up at the kid surprised at the fast and quiet entrance.  Usually the second the door opened the kids voice was booming over his music and never ending.

Turning his music down with a hand gesture to a Friday he walked over to the kid who was seated at his desk and staring at his current project but he wasn't looking at it really, just staring.

Tony stood next to him and tilted his head, "So what's caused Parker to become a silent movie actor?"  Tony asked and Peter jerked looking at him.

As soon as Peter looked at Tony and took in the features of his face, the lines around his mouth from smiling, the trim of his beard, the gentle brown of his eyes, tears pooled in his.

Tony saw this and widened his, he didn't comfort people, not even Pepper hardly.

"Kid..?"  Tony whispered and Peter flopped his head forward against Tony's stomach with a pwof sound as his head hit the fabric of the t-shirt he had on.

Tony was shocked and confused but he slowly moved his arms forward and wrapped one around the kid and the other went to the back of his head.

Gently playing with his hair Peter took deep breaths trying to calm himself down and focus on Tony, just Tony.

"I'm sorry."  Peter mumbled his words muffled by Tony and his stomach and shirt.

Tony looked down at him and chewed on his lip the whole situation making him feel protective but also uncomfortable because what if he was doing it wrong.

"Why?"  He asked

Peter rubbed his face back and forth on Tony's stomach and sighed deeply.  "For being like this... for acting like this.  I shouldn't be putting you in this situation I should be working."  He said his voice getting more strained and faster paced.

Tony frowned rubbing his back and telling him to be quiet.  Just rubbing circles on his shoulders and playing with his hair he stood there in silence and let Peter sit with his face pressed against him. 

"Come here."  Tony said moving back and taking his hand.

Peter looked at him confused but followed sniffling slightly with pink lined eyes.

Getting to the couch in the room Tony laid down and opened his arms making Peter widen his eyes.

"Come here kid."  Tony insisted and Peter swallowed before climbing onto the couch and into Tony Starks arms.

Tony pulled him close rubbing his back as the kid hid his face in his chest and took deep breaths.

"Is this better?"  Tony asked still playing with his hair.

"Yeah... I just.. don't know when I feel like it's all too much sometimes..". Peter stopped embarrassed.

Tony waited and frowned when he didn't continue.

"What is it kid?  What helps when it gets to be too much?  I need to know so I can help you, is it hugs?"  He asked confused and Peter chuckled sadly.

"No... you.. you just being close to you."  He said softly and Tony froze before continuing his movements in the kids hair.

"Me?  Whats special about me?"  He asked softly and Peter smiled.

"Don't hate me."  Peter said before breathing a deep inhale.

"But you just.. smell like home to me.... warm... peaceful... safe."  Peter said softly and Tony smiled.

"I'm glad I can be that for you kid.. I'm glad."  He said after a minute.

"Really?"

"Really.. now just relax you deserve a break."  Tony said gently and Peter smiled snuggling more against him.