Exposed (rewritten)

Peter smiled at the small robots he was creating in the lab with Tony, he was happy the formula he used worked with the coding and Tony seemed impressed.

"It's 8 o'clock kid."  Tony said, looking at his watch and Peter sighed.

8 o'clock was the bane of his existence he swore.

"Okay."  He said with a small frown putting his tools down and picking up his backpack.  Tony watched him with confusion and laughed.

"Why are you so upset?"  He asked and Peter smiled at him with a laugh.

"I don't want to leave the best part of my week is when I'm here Mr. Stark."  Peter chuckled waving goodbye and bye to FRIDAY even though she was an AI and going down the elevator.

Tony felt his heartbeat stutter a little at confession, he was glad the kid liked it just as much as he did.

Peter smiled as the cool air hit his face and considered going straight home due to the time but he hadn't gone on patrol all week so he threw his bag in a nearby tree and swung off the second his suit was on.

Peter was enjoying his night patrol when his spidey senses went a crazy amount and he looked down from the roof he was on.  He saw a woman walking holding a grocery bag and a group of men walking behind her.

Jumping down he landed between them just as a gunshot rang out.  His eyes widened and a soft gasp left his lips as they parted.  "Go."  He told the woman who nodded fast, dropping her groceries and running down the road.

Webbing the first man's gun Peter placed his hand over his torso moaning softly.  "That wasn't very nice."  He whimpered.

His body was in fight or flight and sadly he couldn't just leave, he was a hero for a reason and if he left they'd chase her down. 

The fight was fast and Peter normally would have been insanely proud of how well he took down 4 armed men but felt exhausted, sore, and nauseous as he limped his way across the parking area of the tower.

He hadn't even realized he stepped into the security cameras line of sight when his knees gave out and a weak cry left his lips before he gave up and laid on the concrete.

It was still raining and Peter wondered if he passed out when suddenly there was a person leaning over him.

"Hey.. hey stay with me." 

What?

"Shit you're really beaten up.. I'm going to move you."

They sound familiar...

"1.. 2... 3..".

A surge of pain went through his body as it was moved and an embarrassingly young sounding whimper left his throat.

"Just a little longer."  The voice mumbled and Peter realized they were carrying him.

He was placed on a bed and then he felt scissors cutting open part of his suit hurriedly and a man talking about stopping the bleeding the second the bullet was removed.

Then he heard someone mentioning pain medicines and Peter sighed softly.

"Don' work."  He slurred and they turned to the still masked hero.

"What?" 

"Met.. metabolism.. too fast.. won' work."  He mumbled groggily as he tried to force his eyes open.

"Alright.. just be fast the kids gonna black out soon."  Someone said and Peter felt someone taking his hand.

He appreciated the anchor because as soon as they started digging for the bullet he screamed and lost himself in darkness.

He woke up to steady beeping.  Carefully opening his eyes he saw he had a hospital gown carefully wrapped around his lower body and his upper body had bandages wrapped around them some still red from where they took the bullet out.

He gasped and his hands flew up to touch his face not realizing that his hand was holding Moster Starks until that moment, and him ripping it away had woken up his panicked mentor.

The millionaire jerked and then stared at Peter who was touching his face before wincing.

"They didn't mess up your face is that's what you're worried about."  He said and Peter jerked eyes darting to Tony.

"I-"

"Don't.. honestly you don't owe me an explanation I'm just glad you're alive.  You almost died last night, you're 16 and just a kid and I had to lie and tell your aunt we lost track of time so I had you sleep over... because I don't know who knows."  He said and Peter looked down in shame.

"No one.  No one knows... I can't worry may with this she'll kill herself worrying."  He said softly and Tony smiled at the kid.

"I get it.. I'm fucking iron man did you think I wouldn't?"  He asked and Peter giggled.

"Ironman.. was a choice in a way.  You didn't have to publicly come out or keep doing it.  This..". Peter looked at his hands.

"Isn't a choice?"  Tony asked looking at him with a 'are you serious kid' face.

"Obviously I choose to go out and find criminals and stop them.. but the powers I have?  It wasn't a choice, it's been 6 months and I'm just figuring it out.  I'm different so I have an obligation to use it for the good I think."  He said and Tony smiled.

Taking the kids hand in his, "you're a bright kid."  He told him and Peter smiled.