✔ C h a p t e r 30

Ahyi sigh, plopping herself on top of her cozy bed

Ahyi sigh, plopping herself on top of her cozy bed. She just finished her second paper report and she felt so drained for all the scientific methods and philosophical stuffs she have written in it.

The moment she sprawled down, her first instict is to grab her phone that's placed on the bed's side table yet she doesn't even know what to do.

She turned it on— seeing the time just ticks at seven o'clock in the evening and at that moment, her tummy growls. She couldn't care less as sleepiness took over her, not having energy to prepare for her own food since no one will do it aside from her, considering that her parents weren't around.

With her eyes half open, she clicked a menu page from an ordering food app until her eyes unconsciously shut.

But suddenly, Ahyi jolt up from her bed when her phone unexpectedly ding, falling directly to her face which made her flinch and moan in misery.

And in a swift she's now wide awake again.

"The heck— my nose!" She cried with furrowed brows, standing in front of the mirror to check her face if it has any bruise.

Luckily there was none but her mood already dropped, grabbing her phone with a grunt. "Who's this ass— J- Jeno?" She stutter with eyes wide open, seeing his name popped up from the screen.

Her eyes bore on the dazzling device with great confusion, clicking her togue. "Did you get home safely?" She read his message aloud mindlessly.

'What is this about?'
She thought, leaving him on read as she stared at it longer but then his caller's id appeared— dialing her number.

Ahyi stared at it for a while, swiping the call to pick it up as she hesitantly place her phone against her ear.

"Hello?" His voice rang from the other line as loud boosting of music mixed with laughter echoed from behind.

"What makes you call all of a sudden?" She began, chuckling inwardly.

A smile unknowingly creep up on his lips whilst his eyes turned into cresent when he heard her speak.

"Uh— I don't know honestly." He confessed, rubbing his nape. Jeno covered his other ear instinctively as he walked through the house's hallway, striding to the porch to get away from the hazy and loud atmosphere.

"You just leave me on read so I thought something happened." He added following by a distasteful expression as he quiver, cringing from his words.

"Oh, nothing happened. Not gonna lie but you just caught me off guard. Your message was so random."

"Is that so?"

And the line was wrapped by a complete silence as Ahyi laid down on her bed— lacking for an appropriate response.

"Did you hang up?"