✔ C h a p t e r 15

"Ahyi

"Ahyi..."

"Hmm?"
Bringing back her gaze to Jaemin, she gulped as unknown feeling starts creeping into her.

She tried her best to ignore it, focusing on their spot. Ahyi made Jaemin sit beside her, uncomfortably shifting on her seat while back facing the others.

"Jaem, here I made some cupcakes. Do you want to try it?" Plastering her gummy smiles, she offered to Jaemin– sliding the cupcake tray near him.

Suddenly Soomi stood up, startling Ahyi- she slammed her bag on the table, excusing herself. "I- I'm just going to get the foods that I ordered before I forgot. I- I'll be back"

"O- okay" Ahyi mumbled as she blinked for a few more times- watching Soomi hurriedly walk away from them.

"When did you came back?"
Jaemin mumbled, interjecting in her thoughts– smile on his face is evident.

"3 days ago. Oh wait- wait..."
Ahyi clasped a hand against her mouth– gasping as she remembered something.

"I almost forgot! You don't eat foods with artificial flavors." She mumbled, trying to take the cupcake from Jaemin's hand, astonishing him.

"No, it's fine... I would love to try what you made" He argued, almost eating the icing.

"No."
She sternly spat back, hand clutching on his wrist as she successfully took the cupcake from him. "You can eat what I made but not the ones you don't like, okay..."

Placing the cupcake on the empty side of the tray, Ahyi took a thin case from her bag- revealing kitchen utensils consisting of a spoon and fork with a plastic bread knife.

Using a spoon, she scooped out the portion where Jaemin might not like the food– shoving it directly to her mouth as the both of them chitchat a bit.

"I didn't know, you still attract many fangirls"
Ahyi mumbled while she continued eating the cupcake– gaze lingering around the room just to see students who are secretly taking a glimpse of them.

Jaemin tsked at the girl's sarcasm, wiping an icing across her face. "Mind your own business"

"The f–" Ahyi murmured, rolling her eyes.

"What are you trying to say?!"

"Nothing." She retorted, taking Jaemin's handkerchief as she wiped her face with it.

Ahyi complained with furrowed brows. Taking her phone as a mirror– she lightly tap the cloth against the icing that's sticking on her face, trying to carefully remove it. "Aish- My make up will going to be ruined because of this icing..."

"Don't move, Lemme help you"

"Uh– okay..."
She mumbled as she hesitantly turned her face to Jaemin.

Jaemin took the handkerchief from her hand– cupping her chin, he tilted her face to get the best view to carefully remove the icing.

Their eyes met, locking for a split of second as they both gulped from the unexplainable tension– Ahyi mindlessly looking down on his neck instead.

Suddenly someone monotonously cough, sliding the food tray– earning their attention. "Would you mind me joining your table?"

"Sure! No prob" Jaemin mumbled, shooking his head.

"Long time no see..."
Renjun casually greeted, helping Soomi on putting the foods on the table.

"Hi" Ahyi greeted back with a genuine smile, signalling him to comfortably sit with them.

"Don't be so awkward, it's fine"
Soomi exclaimed, nudging the guy beside her while chuckling. "Ahyi, What's on your face?"

"Oh- icing" She murmured, scratching her head. "I don't know what goes on this guy's mind, he just suddenly spread the icing on my face like it was a clay blush."

Jaemin shook his head, receiving a deadly glare from the two girl. This time Soomi helped Ahyi by taking a wet wipes– deciding to remove her foundation instead.

The four of them were focused on eating, munching their food while having a little chitchat from time to time.

"What major do you guys chose? because mine is business management" Ahyi began breaking the wrapping silence.

"I'm an acting major" Soomi said as she chewed a piece of fries. "Jaemin is our batch representative"

"Really?!"

Jaemin nod as a respond, patting her hair.
"Why so surprise?"

"Just because–" She utter, taking off Jaemin's hand from her hair. "You, Renjun?"

"I took architecture"

"Yeah... right! I saw your sketch pad back in junior year. Your drawings are amazing!"

Renjun smiled after a while, rubbing his neck in the sudden compliment. "Thank you..."

"Anyways Je– our student council president have informed me to gather all the representative at the auditorium after class instead because he's busy at the noon time. Be there Jaemin, Soomi..."

"I know"

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that"
Soomi exclaimed. "Our prof already gave us a play to perform"

"I think we're going to discuss the concept to fit in"

Ahyi silently sat there with the three of them– eyes flickered around as they continued to talk about different topics she's clueless about.

She scanned through her phone, looking at her schedule as an excuse when suddenly Jaemin stroke her back– catching her attention.

"Are you okay?"

She frantically nodded, giving him a smile.
"I just checked my schedule since I have irregular ones"

"When is your next class?"

"40 minutes from now..."
"Oh- yeah, I think I should go. I don't even know where the class will be held" She confessed gathering her things.

"Do you want me to bring you there or tour you around for a bit?"

"No need, I know you're busier that I am. It's okay"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I wanna figure it out by myself... I gotta go" She murmured, bidding a goodbye "There are still cupcakes left, eat them well!"

They watch Ahyi walk away, leaving the room alone.

"Did she made this cupcakes?" Renjun asked, receiving a nod from the two. "In fairness, this one is so good"

"I know right"