✔ C h a p t e r 7

"Is he the guy your talking about?" Ahyi's attention went straight her co-worker Mia- glaring at the girl to signal her to shut her mouth

"You promised me you wont say anything"

"Sorry, you're expression makes it so transparent that's why your easy to be fooled!" Mia whispered, mocking Ahyi before going back to make some orders.

"I know right and I hate it" Ahyi spat, mumbling to herself.

Jeno tapped his fingers on the table, anxiously glancing at Ahyi from time to time- patiently waiting until both of them could finally talk to each other.

Ahyi rubbing her nape feeling his gaze, she looked at the clock that ticks endlessly- striking at exactly 8.

It is a relief that finally her shift ended.

"Mia could you make 2 cups of coffee, charge it on me. We're just going to talk then I'll be back before closing hours.
I'll help you to close the shop" Ahyi muttered while Mia winked at her with a smile.

"Okiee, fighting!!" She smiled back, nodding before she turned around to approach Jeno with a coffee on her hand- offering it to him.

Jeno sat up, taking the coffee
"Sorry about disturbing you, but could we please talk privately?" Jeno said, taking a glimpse around.

"Sure, there is a balcony upstairs where we could talk"

Ahyi lead the way, sitting onto the seat near a coffee table. Both of them sat there silently, looking at the stars above for some time.

"I just want to say sorry for everything that I have done" Jeno began, breaking the silent atmosphere around them

Ahyi nod in response, gaze is lock in front of her. She habitually hugged her knees near her chest- sighing.

"It's been a while since that incident, 2- 3 months? Lets get over it Jeno, It just makes me feel exhausted whenever I think about that" Ahyi blurted, sipping her coffee.

Jeno looked at Ahyi intently, studying her features. She looks so well- beautiful as always, looking strong that everyone may think she's fine but she is just good at wearing her facade properly.

"Do your parents know that you're not attending school" Jeno asked with worry, recalling what Ahyi's mother have said.

He also wants to maintain the conversation they started, slowly catching up with her.

"Uhm- no"
Ahyi mumbled, shooking her head.

"I'm pretty sure they are still clueless about me, having a full time job. I quited my part time job and work here 3 months ago.
I also asked Soomi if she could cover thing up and luckily she agreed"

"After the business of my parents came into bankruptcy. I considered to transfer to a cheaper school, but my parents didn't want me to do so. So they asked Ms. Ji to encourage me, she told me compliments that no one told me before. That's why I worked harder to achieve the things I have" Ahyi said in a low voice, preventing her tears to fall.

Jeno became shocked at the sudden confession. He is clueless about the deepest feeling she have- he just thought about keeping her accompanied all the time.

"After that, my biological mother showed up. She told me that she'll make me study abroad with her. I don't know what to do back then. I don't want to leave the people who dressed and feed me, my friends and this city but I want to give her a chance.

Now I'm considering every options I have, I still wanted to stay here tho but things were so fucked up that I can't face anyone knows me anymore."

She have been through a lot and he knows it. Jeno felt the urge to comfort Ahyi- giving her a hug.

Ahyi not intendedly dodge the hug, feeling distraught around him but in some ways she doesn't want him to feel unwelcome.

After all, they enjoyed each other's company and became friends for some reasons.