✔ P R E L U D E

"Ahyi, have you heard something about Jeno?"

Ahyi's breath hitched, freezing on her spot by the sudden question. Honestly she don't know what to say at all, for her it feels like torture.

"Uhm, nevermind- I'm just curious." Soomi immediately dropped it, realising that her friend seems upset about the topic.

Passing by at the nearest shop from their school, Soomi smiled to herself pulling Ahyi inside the convenient store. "Come on let's just grab some snacks"

Both of them wander inside, Ahyi humming to herself while following Soomi– letting her pick the things she wanted when suddenly, giggles caught her attention.

Ahyi looked around to search for the unusual sound penetrating on her ears, habitually getting curious– having her nosy nature.

Her brows furrowed from the sight of two humans being lovey-dovey, stepping further to catch a glimpse.

"Ahyi look, i found your- Oh is that Jeno?"
Soomi asked from behind, gasping in shock.

"Shh...
Don't be so loud Soomi, they might saw us" Ahyi mumbled, covering her friend's mouth.

She pulled Soomi behind the stocks of condiments- afraid of the thought that the boy they knew might saw them.

Yanking Ahyi's hand away, Soomi fought back– about to argue. She flooded Ahyi with tons of question out of worry, unpleased look plastered on her face.

"Why are we hiding? Aren't you bothered about that? We just literally saw him with another girl! It lookes like he's in a relationship with her?" Soomi babbled like crazy- feeling betrayed and shocked the same time.

Ahyi stared at Soomi with a weak smile, trying to make her calm. She exhale violently to somewhat ease the pain, shrugging the emotion off or else the feeling of suffocation might overtook her.

"A- Ahyi, t– this is unbelievable" Soomi said in disappointment as Ahyi shook her head instead.

Looking her friend with a teary eye, she tugged her hand, wanting to disappear from the situation as her heart clenching in torment.

"I– uhm... I'm fine" She whispered, gulping "I became awkward with him this past few days tho. I think he found me boring and uninteresting... Let's just get going Soomi" Ahyi suggested.

She gave her a smile once again, knowing that Soomi is still worried about her despite of maintaining a facade. She patted Soomi pulling her out of the store before she might do something about it.

"I thought there is something between you two?"

'I thought so too'