✔ C h a p t e r 17

"So–"

"So–"

Her almond eyes met his deep brown ones, finally having a courage to turn her body to his direction– facing him after a long time.

'Why would I even be scared when I didn't do anything bad at the first place' She reminded herself, hand tightly clutching at her phone.

"Uhm– Have you already planned your project" Ahyi asked directly, brows are furrowing.
"I mean... So I will know what and where can I help?"

"We're actually just going to talk about it right now that's why I called for a meeting"

"Is that so–"

"Yes, and the only thing I have right now is the year's concept." Jeno retorted back, gazing at the lady in front of him.

Little did she know, he somewhat examined her body language, the way she crossed her arms while talking– from someone's point of view, it looks like the two seems bothered by one another's presence, furiously looking at each other.

"Alright" She mumbled settling on the nearest seat around.

Ahyi stiffly sat on the chair, silently playing with her bag's string as she thought of her life decisions– wanting to disappear in a split of second.

She frantically look around the room, wishing for someone to break the overwhelming silence when she spotted Jeno disappointingly looking down on his feet.

Sighing, she bit her inner lip– clearing her emotion for peace of mind "I'm sorry" She began earning his attention.

"I didn't mean to act bitchy towards you. Thank you for bringing the books that I needed" Ahyi mumbled, glancing up to Jeno while plastering a tight smile.

"No problem... If Mr. Suh didn't asked me for those, I wouldn't bring them anyway"

"Nonetheless, I'm still thankful"
Her sincerity was evident on her voice yet she doesn't gaze back at him, taking the books that was across from her.

She compiled all her things in one place to kill some time while waiting for the others to join them inside the auditorium when Jeno shyly approached her– clearing his throat.

"How have you been?" He murmured clear enough for her to hear, sitting one feet away from Ahyi.

"I'm good, I guess..."

And the room was wrapped again with a complete silence. Jeno watch her dropped her head down– tapping her shoe against the floor while mindlessly playing with her feet to release some tension.

"What time is it?"
Haechan asked, comfortably slouching on the sofa while scrolling thru his phone.

"What's the sense of your phone when you don't even use it properly" Renjun spat back, not taking his attention off of the sketch pad he's scanning.

"Could you both stop from bickering in front of me. It's so annoying"

"What?!" The two said in unison, head turning to the younger boy whose sitting between the both of them– glares shooting daggers directly to his skin.

Jisung anxiously covered his mouth in a sudden realization, shrieking under his older friends sight before Renjun putted him in a choke hold with the help of Haechan.

"Yah! Yah! Leave the kid alone"
Jaemin interjected passing through them while gathering some paper sheets "We should be heading to the auditorium before Jeno might loose his temper. He's a pretty heated nagger, so don't try him"

They all decided to head out of the room, carefree striding through the long hallway while the other same year students watch them passed by.

"Make it fast" Mark blurted out, earning his younger friends attention. "I saw Mr. Kim Doyoung around, he's pretty strict about school hours so make sure he won't see us"

"Aren't Johnny hyung already told our teachers that we have important meeting?"

"He did... But he clearly stated that we'll gather after class"

"Oh–"

"It's for us to let them extend our school hours"

After some time, they reached the place– momentarily opening the huge door just to spot Jeno and a girl across the room.

"They seems pretty awkward–" Chenle mumbled as Renjun cupped his mouth, making him shut up.

"Can't you say something nice?"

"Don't mind them, let's just quickly head inside before a disciplinarian might scold us again"

"Hey students!" Johnny exclaimed startling the group of boys in front of him.

"Good afternoon Mr. Suh"
They all turned around in chorus, greeting the older male before heading inside the auditorium.

All of them casually stride through the hall yet curiously glancing at the possible girl– peeking at her side profile.

Ahyi jolt up from her seat by the sudden sight of new comers, bowing while Johnny starts to introduce her.

"So... Everyone, this is Ms. Jang. She'll be helping you around for the year end school event so take good care of her, understood?"

"Ahyi?!"