✔ C h a p t e r 28

After the painfully slow movement of time, they finally drove off her house at exact 11 am, still with Ahyi's parents lingering voice of drive safely and be careful

"I'm so sorry you have to deal with my parents nosy behavior." She utter, chuckling.

"Don't be sorry, they were cool honestly."

"Really?" She mumbled with astonishment. "I thought they went pretty overboard. What did my dad asked you?"

He glance to his side with a cocked brow. "Nothing, he just asked me about business management topics."

"Oh, right, I remember they were planning to franchise a foreign business here."

"You mean your step dad's business"

"How'd you know?"

"It's just a wild guess." He plastered a smug but she just raised a brow in response. Jeno rolled his eyes. "I stitched your story with your dad's."

"But your conversation went pretty deep from your facial expressions earlier"

"It's non of your business. It's between me and him."

"That's unfair, it's not like you're friends with my dad." She retorted while Jeno sneer in acknowledgement.

"I'll be heading to the student council lounge since we still have thirty minutes before the class. Do you want to join?"

"No need, I'll be walking around the campus instead." Ahyi said, pointing the direction across from where he'll be going. "See you in the lecture hall." She added before turning her heals to walk to the other side without a second glance.

She were walking alone, weaving through the pack of students when someone suddenly wrapped an arm around hers.

"Hey missy!" Jia exclaimed before the girl might freak out.

"Oh Jia!" She blurted out, giving her full attention to the lady. "You almost scared me, wassup?"

"No— what's up?!" She nudge Ahyi's shoulder, gazing at her with playfulness which made the girl stare at her confusedly. "You. And. Jeno."

"What do you mean?"

"Duh, I saw you three consecutive days hopping out his car."

"What about that?"

"I mean what's the thing going on between the both of you? It's not like he will pick and drop you off in your house for nothing." She snicker like a match maker, watching a romantic movie which made Ahyi lose her sanity.

"He was just being nice since I need a ride back and forth?" She force a chuckle in discomfort while Jia creased her brow, not buying her words.

"Eh— not convincing"

"It's not like that, I swear. It's just like whenever you and Soomi join a ride with Jaemin, he occasionally pick and drop you off, right?"

"Still not the same"